forty one

the funeral jerald and jordan arranged was beautiful and very public, just how aurelia would've wanted it.

nobody knew what really happened to her, all they knew was she had a heart attack, or at least that's what they were told.

only the jones' and malfoys knew anything.

"jordan." daphne asked one day as they were sitting in the gardens.

"hm?" she responded, not even looking up from her book.

"how do you deal with losing someone? you're handling it so well but i don't want you to think that you can't talk to me." daphne said and jordan looked up with a small smile.

"daph, you're like a sister to me, i would tell you if something was bothering me." jordan told her, making the girl smile.

just as daphne was about to open her mouth, blaise ran down the stairs with crabbe and goyle on his heels.

"afternoon boys." jordan said, watching them run up to the two over the rim of her sunglasses.

"narcissa is holding a ball. and we're all invited." goyle said breathlessly.

"that's great goyle, but that was expected." daphne said with a laugh as she sipped her cold lemonade.

"what happened to you two?" crabbe asked, sitting down on the grass by their table.

"let's see, we kinda had to grow up." jordan said with a humorless laugh.

"why? we're only 16, there's really no need for it yet." crabbe asked, playing with some grass.

jordan and daphne sighed, realizing the boy didn't understand the fact they were graduating the year after.

"crabbe, you're a moron." daphne said, looking back at her magazine.

it was quiet for a while, blaise and goyle laying down on the grass with crabbe.

"hey, have any of you heard from draco? i haven't talked to him since the funeral." jordan asked and blaise swallowed.

"um, yeah i talked to him earlier today. about you actually." he told the girl and her face lit up.

"you did?" she asked excitedly.

"yeah, he should be coming over later this evening. he just had some business to do." blaise said and jordan smiled at the thought of seeing the boy she's grown to love.

"aww, look at her, she's like a kid on christmas." goyle laughed and jordan rolled her eyes.

everyone laughed before daphne spoke up. "i'm feeling like a trip to diagon, anyone else?"

jordan snapped her book shut and stood up with her.

"definitely. you guys can stay here and wait for the slytherin prince to return." jordan said and the boys rolled their eyes.

the girls went up to their rooms and changed into something more appropriate to go into diagon.

"jordan sweetheart where are you going?" jerald asked, walking by with executives as the girls walked down the stairs.

"oh, just shopping, we were thinking london. you know our favorite place." jordan said with a grin and her father sighed, handing her a key.

"be responsible jj, you too daphne." jerald said, looking at the two girls who smiled and nodded.

"of course mr. j. also the boys are outback, waiting for draco whos arriving later." daphne said before running with jordan to a fireplace.

jerald just shook his head, muttering something about teenage girls.

"come on jj!" daphne giggled as she ran by while jordan struggled in her heeled boots.

"oh come on daph! i'm in heels!" she whined, finally reaching the fireplace.

the two flooed into the leaky cauldron and laughed as they made their way to their new favorite shop.

weasleys wizard wheezes.

"come on jordan!" daphne laughed as she pulled her friend along inside the shop bustling with customers.

"i'm going i'm going, relax daph." the girl said, catching up.

the two stepped inside and were amazed once again at the place.

"afternoon ladies." the twins said, popping up to them.

"afternoon gents. what does it take to get a pack of electric gum around here?" jordan asked with a laugh and the twins shook they're heads.

"see, we've been trying to figure out how you did it-" fred said.

"but you've managed to put mischief us once again." george finished and she high fived them.

"this place is amazing guys." daphne said, looking at the love potions a little two carefully.

jordan waved to the twins as they went to visit someone else, pulling daphne away from the love potions.

the girls wandered around a little bit, taking in the carefree atmosphere before they saw harry and ron.

"oh no." jordan mumbled as they spotted her too.

"jordan, hey, how are you and your dad? i heard what happened and i'm so sorry." hermione said, interrupting the war path of the ginger behind her.

"hey mione, we're doing fine, managing at least. he has his company and i have my studying if i want to take over the company." jordan joked, hugging the girl.

"you're so strong jj, i truely hope you do okay this year. it's hard, i'm sorry i'm probably not making this better." she said with a small laugh.

jordan just smiled. "it's okay, really. but you might want to go over to weasley, he looks ready to blow." jordan said, nodding to the ginger turning purple.

hermione rolled her eyes at the boy, "ronald, honestly. she's not bad."

"she's a slytherin, mione! for all we know she killed her mum!" ron yelled and jordans eyes watered.

"ronald!" hermione gasped.

"watch it weasley." daphne said, clenching her firsts.

"it's okay daph, we should probably get home now anyways. it was lovely to see you again mione, see you in school." jordan said, pulling daphne out of the store.

"that moron! god i want to make him eat slugs again, that prick!" daphne fumed and jordan put a hand on her arm.

"daphne, butter beer, then home." jordan said, pulling her back to the leaky cauldron.

the two sat in there for a while, drinking their butter beers and talking, a silent understanding they wouldn't tell anyone what happened.

when they finally flooed home, jerald was walking to the dining room.

"oh girls, lovely. the boys and i and my company were just getting ready to have dinner. come join us." jerald said with a smile and the girls looked at each other before following him.

they drew the eyes of the men there, including draco who happened to arrive just ten minutes before them.

jordan smiled a little as she sat down next to him and across from daphne.

"hey." he whispered and she sent a small smile to him.

"hey malfoy." she whispered back.

draco just smiled a little before taking his thumb and wiping it across her cheekbone, which had become more prominent over the summer.

"you had some ash on your cheek darling." he whispered and she nodded.

"then thank you." she said and looked up to see her father watching them with a small smile on his face.

jerald clasped his hands together before booming, "let's eat!"