fourteen

"oh jordan!" jackie sang, dropping a letter into my lap.

"what's this?" the dark haired girl asked and the strawberry blonde shrugged.

"beats me, an owl gave it to me instead of you. i think it's from your mom." she said making jordan pale.

"excuse me." she muttered, pushing herself away from the breakfast table and ran into an empty hallway.

she tore open the letter and read it, her hand running through her hair in frustration.

"what the hell does this mean?" she asked herself, reading that her father would be back home by the end of summer if things went to plan.

she groaned when she saw her mother was attempting to find a man to suit her with. at last she couldn't avoid getting married forever, but she did want to put it off as long as possible.

jordan sighed, tucking the letter into her robes, wanting to go find snape so he could see the letter and explain some things.

but, before she could get far, she heard boys laughing.

"so she actually likes you?" she heard the youngest male weasley asked and she heard seamus laugh.

"she's like putty in my hands. i'll get her by the end of the year, then you boys will owe me 5 galleons each." seamus said and jordan took a sharp inhale.

"that's what i am to you finnigan? a bloody bet?" she asked cooly, leaning on a wall where he had the perfect veiw of her.

his face paled as well as all the other boys around him, knowing she was very accomplished in hexes and curses.

"well? are you going to stand there like an idiot or answer me?" she asked, her nose turning slightly up at them.

seamus swallowed, "not at all." he lied and she gritted her teeth before letting out a breath.

"if i didn't know better, i'd say you're lying to me. are you lying seamus?" she asked, narrowing her eyes as the other boys could feel her energy shift and moved back, sensing a fight.

"n-no! i actually c-care for you jj!" he stumbled over his words, nervous as he also felt the fight coming.

"i think you're lying." she said, looking at her nails then back at him.

"i'm not! i swear!" he cried and she clicked her tongue.

"so sad, i was almost going to win you your little bet. you filthy half-blood." she hissed, yanking our her wand and hexing him before he even had a chance to defend himself.

she sighed once she was satisfied with the hexes and turned to leave, letting the gryffindor boys alone to help their friend.

her green eyes were filled with malice as she floated down the more crowded hallways, students parting for her like she was god herself.

"jones." draco said, coming up and walking next to her. even the blonde haired boy could sense something off, but decided not to push it. he didn't know how far she could be pushed.

"pathetic bloody half-blood." he heard her mutter and it brought a grin on his face, knowing she was talking about seamus.

"everything alright there love?" he asked as they got close to snapes classroom.

"it is actually." she said coldly, her nose turned up at all the students.

they came across a small gryffindor first year who was staring wide eyed at the pair and jordan glared at the boy. "do you need something or are you too busy being an incompetent moron?"

even draco looked shocked at that, she never went after younger students.

nonetheless, the boy scurried away and they got into the potions classroom, filled with students already.

well, except some gryffindor boys.

"miss jones, mister malfoy, do try to join us sooner." snape said to the two and draco nodded, pulling jordan to two open seats.

"does anyone know where mister potter and his pack are?" snape asked and a ravenclaw raised her hand.

"i heard some girl out hexes on seamus finnigan and they're all in the hospital wing." she told the class and immediately most of them looked at jordan, who was staring straight ahead, a small smirk forming on her lips.

"very well. turn to draught of peace on page 182." snape instructed and the class followed,  jordan behind most of them.

it was quiet for a while before someone snapped their book shut and everyone turned to see dean thomas standing up and walking over to jordan.

"i know it was you! you hexed seamus for no reason!" he shouted at her and she raised her eyebrows.

"where's the proof he's innocent dean? hm? your word against mine, well the whole lot of you gryffindorks." she said calmly, the smirk still pulling at her lips.

"you overreacted! you could've talked to him!" dean continued and snape raised his eyebrows, almost wanting to see how it played out before handing out punishments.

"dean, he lied to me, not only for almost and entire year, but he lied straight to my face when i confronted him. and i thought gryffindors were about being honest." she said, standing up to match the tall boy.

"you overreacted." he stared and she shrugged.

"tell me dean, how would you feel if you're entire relationship with someone was faked for popularity and money? would you calmly talk it out or would you get so furious you'd do the unthinkable?" she asked and his mouth fell.

"what did you do?" he asked and she grinned evilly.

"a couple hexes he'll spend the next week getting over. nothing too bad for your golden boy." she shrugged sitting back down.

"you're pure evil jones, that's why your daddy's in azkaban." he said and she rolled her eyes.

"next time you want to insult me thomas, come up with something more creative, and maybe do your research on it first. now leave." she said with so much power that the class all turned to look at snape.

"thag is quite enough mister thomas, ten points from gryffindor and detention this weekend." he said, making the boy huff and return to his seat.

jordan gave snape a thankful look and he tilted his head ever so slightly and went back to his work.

jordan just sighed, it would be a long couple months before summer vacation.