thirty six

"jordan wake up!" jerald said, walking briskly into her room at around three in the morning after the party.

"mmm, more sleep." she groaned, pulling a pillow over head, which jerald ripped off.

"jordan, now." he said forcefully and she sighed, sitting up and looking at the darkness enveloping her room.

"get dressed and come to the hall." he instructed and jordan nodded, turning on her lamp and climbing out of bed.

she threw on some plaid slacks and a turtleneck, throwing her favorite green jumper over it.

she cautiously made her way downstairs, guessing what could await her.

"jordan how lovely to see you again." voldemort said once the girl came into view.

she nodded before looking at everyone there, bellatrix, the zambini's, the malfoys, snape, and a few others.

finally, after taking in everyone, she went to go stand by draco and blaise.

"now we're all here, let's get started." bellatrix said, squeezing jordans arm reassuringly.

jordan was still confused when blaise went up to voldemort and some of his death eaters and pulled up his left arm sleeve.

his screams were loud as the mark was seared into his arm.

jordan squeezed dracos arm and shut her eyes tightly.

draco was stone cold as he listened to his best friend scream.

finally, he calmed down, the mark dark and prominent against his darker skin.

"jordan, please." voldemort said and bellatrix let go of her arm and sent her a reassuring smile.

draco squeezed her hand and let her go, watching as she pulled her left sleeve up.

she whimpered quietly as the mark got seared into her forearm.

tears came to her eyes, but she stayed quiet, not wanting to show weakness.

finally, after what felt like hours, the searing pain stopped and was replaced by a dull, aching one.

she looked down to see the mark moving, swirling around her now pink skin.

jordan moves back over to bellatrix who gave her a small hug and a smile.

she looked at draco who gave her a small smile and walked over.

his screams hurt jordan, they hurt to hear and her eyes started to water.

blaise put a hand on jordans should and she sighed, knowing draco would be alright.

finally, he whimpered and walked back over, his face red.

"happy christmas everyone." voldemort said chillingly before leaving, casting one last glance at the dark haired witch.

jerald and aurelia rushes to their daughter and jerald hugged her tightly.

"can i go back to sleep now?" jordan asked and jerald pulled away, nodding.

"of course princess, we'll see you in the morning." he said, sending her away.

jordan gave a weak smile to her two friends who were there and went back to her room.

she changed back into her night dress and crawled back into her bed, feeling drained from being up that early.

when she woke up the second time it was sunny out, but there was snow falling.

she smiled slightly before a pain went through her arm.

she looked down to see the mark and frowned.

it wasn't just a dream.

finally, she crawled out of bed and threw on her clothes from earlier and headed downstairs.

"jordan!" daphne laughed, running over when the dark haired girl came down the stairs.

"daph! jackie!" jordan laughed, netting them both at the bottom of the stairs and pulling them in for big hugs.

the girls all talked as they walked to a big christmas tree in the ballroom.

the three sat down and started digging through presents.

"oooh! this ones to jordan! from malfoy." jackie said, giving her a sly look as she handed the present to her.

jordan rolled her eyes and got the card first.

"well? what does it say?" daphne asked eagerly.

jordan smiled and shook her head a little bit, "it says, 'jones, as much as i would love to make things official, that's not what you want and i want to respect you. however, it doesn't mean i can't start spoiling you now. draco.'" she told the two.

daphne and jackie giggled as she opened the gift to see a necklace.

"wow." jordan said, breathtaken. she started at the necklace, it looked very expensive.

it was a diamond ring, but on a necklace.

"that's practically a marriage proposal." jackie laughed and jordan shook her head.

"it's too nice. i only got him some muggle boots and some expensive cologne." she cried and daphne laughed.

"it's fine jj! he probably loves them!" daphne said, putting a calming hand on jordans shoulder.

the three girls opened the rest of their presents before heading to the gardens where their parents were.

"happy christmas!" jordan said, walking up and giving her parents kisses on the cheek.

"happy christmas darling." jerald laughed, the three sitting down and getting some hot chocolate and tea cakes from a poor elf.

just as jordan stuffed her second tea cake in her mouth, her eyes met her mother's and aurelia did not look happy.

jackie and daphne saw this and looked to see what jordan would do.

"excuse me." she said quietly, getting up and heading back into the house.

she went to the bathroom and locked the door, sitting down next to the toilet.

just as she went to put her fingers down her throat, there was a knock.

"jords?" jackie asked and jordan squeezed her eyes tight.

"i'm okay guys! i'll be out in a second! you can go back out to your parents!" jordan called and she heard sighs.

"we'll be right out here. don't make us alohamora this door." daphne said and jordan shook her head, pushing her fingers down her throat once again.

once she was done, she walked over to sink and rinsed her mouth out.

she opened the door and saw her two friends sitting there.

"oh jordan." daphne said with empathy, hugging her friend tightly as she broke down.

"i hate her! i hate her so much!" she whimpered as jackie patted her back and daphne squeezed her.

"i know love. we know." jackie mumbled softly.

they stayed like that for a while before jordan calmed down.

"this isn't going to be a repeat of last year. i swear it." she told her friends who nodded encouragely.

"you got this jords."