thirty seven

everyone was back at hogwarts a couple days after, jordan excited to get away from her mother.

"miss jones!" umbridges shrill voice called, cutting through jordans day dream as she fiddled with her new necklace.

"yes?" she asked with a bored expression.

"would you like to explain what's keeping you from paying attention in my class?" she asked with a pressed smile.

jordan just sighed and rolled the necklace in her fingers.

"where should i begin?" she asked and umbridge huffed.

"you're an ungrateful spoiled brat miss jones!" umbridge said with her little giggle and jordan rolled her eyes.

"and you're a moronic, pink ministry drone. but am i complaining?" jordan asked and umbridge fumed.

"out!" she shrilled and jordan shrugged, grabbing her bag and heading out, ignoring the looks from her friends and draco.

she got put in the hallway, almost having a heart attack as she thought she heard filch but it was just a ghost.

jordan started wandering around a little before coming to a stop in front of mcgonagall's room.

she knocked before minnie called for her to come in.

"miss jones! a surprise." she said, looking up from the stack of paper.

"yeah well i just got kicked out from the pink puffballs class and somehow ended up here." she said and mcgonagall hid a smile.

"very well." she said and jordan sat down getting out a book.

the two sat in silence for a little bit before they heard kids moving around outside.

"thank you minnie." jordan said as she stood up and mcgonagall nodded.

"and miss jones." mcgonagall said and jordan looked back, "give her hell."

jordan grinned as she walked out, her hips swaying as she headed to potions.

"what's gotten into jones?" she heard some people ask but she ignored them, smirking at scared younger years.

she strutted into the potions classroom and sat down, snape raising an eyebrow at her.

"what?" she asked with a laugh and snape gave her a look.

"nothing." snape said in a sharp voice.

jordan just smiled sweetly at the man as draco came in and sat next to her.

"morning jones. quite a commotion in dark arts." he said with a smirk, pecking her cheek.

she swatted his face away and snape gave the two a look.

"mr. malfoy, would you please refrain from using your mouth." snape said and jordan snickered at him.

"busted malfoy." she laughed and he sent snape a look.

"the sleeping draught." snape said, chalk writing magically in the board.

jordan sighed as she sat through the lesson, letting draco make the potion most of the time.

"jones." draco said, snapping her out of her day dream.

"hm?" she asked and he nodded to the completed potion.

"look." he said and she did, noticing it was perfect.

"amazing malfoy." she said with a smile and he blinked before giving her a shy smile back.

"very good mr. malfoy. miss jones. you both are dismissed." snape said, looking over their potion.

jordan smiled, bottling some of the potion and handing it to their professor before cleaning up.

draco waited for her, packing up her stuff and then they walked out together.

"so where to jones?" he asked and she shrugged.

"probably the library. essays to do you know?" she said with a laugh and he smiled, leading the way to the library.

the two got a look from the librarian as they sat down at a window table, the only students in the library at the moment was them.

jordan got to work on her essay while draco got out his sketching notebook, starting to draw jordan as she focused on the transfiguration essay.

it wasn't long before their friends met up with them there and they all started chatting.

"classes are cancelled the rest of the day!" jackie exclaimed quietly as she sat down, receiving a glare from the old lady at the desk.

"what why?" jordan asked and the strawberry blonde shrugged.

"beats me, but hey, no class!" she said excitedly and jordan smiled, turning back to her essay.

jordan finished her essay, making most of the stuff up as one does, and looked up.

unfortunately, she chose a very poor time to look around as she caught the eye of seamus finnigan.

his eyes were a mixture of longing and fear, as he desperately wanted to go talk to her but was scared her friends or her would hurt him.

jordan narrowed her eyes but she knew deep down she wanted to go say hi to him, but she also knew she would do something she regretted.

draco noticed her looking past him and turned to see the gryffindor boy.

he gritted his teeth and went to stand up to go hex him.

jackie put a hand on his arm, nodding to jordan who they could see was glaring at him.

draco sighed, wordlessly casting a curse on the boy so he grew antlers.

"oh my god!" daphne laughed, noticing the antlers first and jordan started giggling, making draco smile.

that's all he wanted, just to see her smile.