eighteen

"oh! aunt bella! what are you doing here?" jordan giggled once she saw her aunt standing in the hall of her house.

"jordan my love! oh i've missed you!" bellatrix laughed, giving the girl a hug.

"oh bella, i didn't know you were coming, staying the night?" aurelia asked, snapping her fingers and a house elf coming to her feet.

"no no, just wanted to stop by and see my favorite slytherin, and say hi to my beautiful best friend." bellatrix said, moving to hug aurelia.

"thank you bella, you're making me blush." aurelia said, pink dusting her cheeks.

the two hugged before bellatrix pulled away. "i would love to stay and chat, but i do have to run. places to go, people to hex." she said with a shrug and a mischievous smile.

"do come have tea with us this week, i leave at the end to spend half the summer in paris and i'll miss you dearly." jordan said and bellatrix gave her a smile.

"anything for my favorite slytherin." and with that there was a pop and she was gone, leaving the mother and daughter alone.

"i'm sure you must be tired. i'll have the house elves draw a bath and some soup." aurelia said, nodding to the house elf at her feet.

the little elf scurried away and jordan sighed, heading up to her dark room.

when she got in, there was a wrapped present on her bed with a card.

curiously, she went over and sat next to it, almost crying at the label.

it was from amos diggory.

"dear jordan, you were cedrics best friend, which is why i know this is as hard on you as it is on me. take these things to remember him by. i found them in his room while i was going through it. with love, amos." she mumbled, reading over the words before turning to the box.

hesitantly, she unwrapped it and put her hand over her mouth.

one of the gifts was a stunning necklace with a snake charm. it was so thoughtful she almost started to cry.

the next was his snitch, the first snitch he ever caught.

and the last present was a photograph from the yule ball jordan didn't even know he had taken.

"oh my." she whispered to herself, putting on the necklace and putting the picture under a paper weight so it wouldn't blow away when she opened her windows.

as for the snitch, she put into a clear box and on her nightstand.

jordan was speechless at the presents, torn between wanting to cry and laugh.

she finally decided to do what her mom said and take her bath, rose petals floating around in the soapy water.

she soaked for a while before scrubbing herself clean and getting out.

she changed into a silky night dress and put on a black robe to match.

when she got back to her room, there was a tray sitting on her bed with soup and some water for her.

jordan ignored it for a couple minutes, choosing to open the doors to her balcony and let the warm summer air in. she grabbed the tray and carried it out to the balcony where she sat on a small tea chair, her tray on the table.

she sat, drinking the soup and water, taking in the sounds of the home.

out there, she was far away from the city and other houses, only a small village of magic folk a couple miles away to keep her company on her days at home.

she finished the tray and a house elf magically appeared beside her, taking the tray and heading to the kitchen.

just as she took a deep breath, there was a knock on the door.

"come in!" she called, not moving from her spot.

"darling, just coming to check on you before i take a night cap and go to bed." aurelia said, noticing the new jewelry around her neck.

"oh, alright. i suppose i'll be heading to bed shortly as well." jordan nodded and aurelia put a hand on her shoulder.

"things will be back to normal by the end of summer jordan, the pain will fade eventually." she said softly before turning and walking out, leaving jordan questioning what she meant.

"holly!" she called for her house elf and there was a pop and the elf appeared in her princess dress.

"yes miss jordan?" she asked.

jordan smiled at her. "oh i missed you holly. could you tell me if there is any sleeping draught left?" she asked.

"of course miss! would you like me to bring you some if there is?" the elf asked and jordan nodded.

"yes please, and while you're in the kitchen, please get yourself a muffin, you're looking very thin and i can't bare to lose you okay?" she asked and the house elf smiled brightly.

"yes miss jordan!" she squeaked and popped away.

jordan smiled softly before looking back out at the property. she could see the glowing light of the village a little ways away.

before long, holly came back with the potion and gave it to jordan before leaving again.

the dark haired girl sat outside for a little while longer before decided she should probably head to bed.

sighing, she took the potion and waited a few moments before feeling the effects and going to bed.

peacefully, she drifted off into a dreamless sleep.