thirty nine

the students soon left for summer break, which coincidentally happened to be jordans birthday.

"i told you, we aren't celebrating. there's no point, it happens every year." jordan told jackie and daphne in the carriage ride down to the station.

"it's your 16th jords, please." daphne asked with puppy dog eyes.

"no, besides i already got the best present ever." jordan said with a smile, "scar face and his friends got rid of the mindless ministry minion."

the girls burst out laughing at this.

jordan giggled, looking at her two friends.

they had all grown so much, both physically and mentally. she was proud of them.

daphne and blaise eventually fixed their relationship, with a lot of help from the girls and draco, and jackie was starting to go steady with pansy.

astoria had found a nice boy in her own year, letting draco go for a while.

as for jordan and draco, they were the same.

draco kept true to his word and didn't make things official, as he was waiting for jordans okay.

"guys, i heard the weasels opened up their own store." jackie said as the three got on the train.

jordan looked at daphne who had a blush rising on her cheeks.

"yeah, it s a joke shop in diagon." daphne told them and jackie raised an eyebrow.

"anyways," jordan said, changing the subject before jackie could question anything, "i think pansy and jackie are going to be the power couple next year."

jackie looked proudly at her friends. "i really like her guys, i think it's going to last."

they sat in their compartment and waited for the boys to get there.

"i think once draco and jordan make it official, you guys will be the schools power couple." jackie said randomly and jordan laughed.

"they were the power couple even before they're official." pansy interrupted, sitting next to jackie.

"hey love." jackie said, giving pansy a quick cheek peck.

"babe." pansy said with a smile.

jordan and daphne looked at each other with cute faces before turning back to the two.

"hey girls, what did we miss?" goyle asked, squishing next to jordan.

"ugh you oaf!" jordan laughed, trying to push him out of the seat.

"ladies." blaise said, sitting next to pansy and jackie.

"i think jones would be happier with me goyle." draco said, towering over the two who elders still shoving each other.

"very much, thank you." jordan said, giving goyle one last shove out of the seat.

goyle brushed himself off before sitting with crabbe in the seat across from the table.

"another year passed." jordan said suddenly and draco nodded.

"and here we are." he said, taking her hand.

"aww draco you're so sweet." daphne said, watching the two.

draco glared at daphne. "i'm not sweet, in the most evil person you all know." he muttered.

jordan laughed and cupped his face with one hand, "oh honey, you aren't evil. you just make bad decisions sometimes but we all do that."

he blushed from her words and her actions, then kissed her nose.

"you're too nice." he said and blaise threw some crumpled parchment at them.

"get a room, goodness." he muttered and jordan rolled her eyes.

"piss off zambini, don't get mad just because you can't decipher your own emotions." she shot at him and he looked at daphne.

"hey, she's my best friend, and she's completely right." daphne said with her hands up.

"but i'm your boyfriend!" blaise cried and daphne tilted her head.

"then start acting like it. a boyfriends supposed to support you in bad times and make you feel like you matter, not go listen to rumors and flirt with a random hufflepuff." daphne said, her perfect nose tilting up.

jordan and jackie looked at each other with wide eyes before jordan looked at draco who was shaking his head.

"i told you i was sorry! it will never happen again. but you, you messed around with a weasley! i know you did." blaise accused and daphne rolled her eyes.

she was getting better at hiding the truth.

"rumors darling, those were rumors spread by the boys themselves. never actually proven, only using me to get the attention they so desperately required." daphne said with a flick of her wrist.

"i don't care what you guys say, but you all have no idea have it feels to get used for your reputation and your body. so unless you want to argue something meaningful i suggest you stop." jordan interrupted, motioning to blaise and the other boys.

draco sighed and pushed his hair back.

"she's right, let's just stop arguing for now and you two can work it out over the summer." he told them and daphne nodded.

"since when did we start getting so grown up?" jackie asked out of the blue and everyone looked at each other.

jordans eyes started to water as she looked at her friends, mostly daphne as the two saw each other grow up since first year.

"we're going to be sixth years and here we are arguing about rumors and who did what. we should appreciate the time we get with each other." jackie continued and jordan nodded.

"yeah, we never know when it's going to be gone."