forty five

the news of another death came around hogwarts the end of the second week.

"don't look jordan." daphne begged as jordan sat down for breakfast that saturday morning, the daily prophet in front of her.

"what? why?" she asked and daphne looked at her, eyes tearing up.

"please." she begged. jordan looked around the hall to see the hufflepuffs all gathered in a tight group.

"no." she said, her eyes tearing up as well.

she snatched the paper and on the front page was a picture of a cottage, all blown up.

"the wizarding half blood family, the smiths, was attacked late last night. the older son shawn still missing." jordan read out loud and then let out a sob.

"i'm so sorry jordan." daphne said, wrapping her friend in a hug.

"where's cody?" jordan managed and daphne helped her over to the hufflepuff table.

"cody." daphne whispered and the brown haired boy turned around to face the girls with puffy eyes.

"daph, jonesie." he whispered, pulling the two girls into a hug, jordan sobbing.

"he can't take them both!" she cried and cody nodded, daphne rubbing small circles on his back.

the three stayed in a hug for a couple minutes before jordan pulled away sniffling.

"he hasn't found shawn yet. he could still be alive." she said and cody shook his head.

"no i'm pretty sure he's dead. i can feel it, like with cedric." cody said, making jordan tear up some more.

"he can't be dead. he just can't." jordan said and started moving away.

"jordan please." daphne pleaded but jordan just turned and ran out.

daphne and cody saw draco follow her.

"jordan!" draco called as he followed her into an empty staircase.

"hey, come here." he said in a soft voice, holding onto her.

"he's killing all my friends." jordan muttered into dracos shoulder.

"they're traitors jords." he said soothingly, rubbing her back.

"but they were good people. how can someone take a life like it's nothing?" jordan asked with a sigh, finally calming down.

"he's not human, we're not human, things are different for us. we have magic, and sometimes we make bad decisions and people want to hurt us. we can't control who wants to hurt us but we can control our actions." he explained and jordan nodded.

"you're right. can we go hang out in the common room?" she asked, looking up at him with doe eyes.

"yeah of course jones." he said with a smile and she took his hand, pulling him to the common room.

draco sat down in his chair and jordan sat on his lap, taking his face in her hands.

"you know, i really really like you." she said with a laugh before connecting their lips.

the two made out, only breaking for air.

jordan would never admit it out loud, but draco was a fabulous kisser.

"guys please!" they heard jackie say and broke away to see what was going on.

daphne and blaise were arguing as they were walking in.

"and i bet you slept with him too!" blaise shouted at the girl.

"the only reason i would ever break this up is if you were acting like you are now blaise! this isn't fair!" daphne yelled back, waving her arms.

"what's not fair is you going off and mingling with all these boys! i can't trust you!"

"so i can't have guy friends now? am i just supposed to be around girls for the rest of my life? god blaise, who says i can't get with a girl too, or will you just control my life enough that i can't be around anyone?!" daphne shouted at the boy who stood down, realizing his faults.

"no." he muttered and daphne turned her nose up at him.

"blaise, you have been probably the worst boyfriend these past few months. you've been so controlling, unfairly judging me, and just overall horrid." daphne stated and everyone was quiet.

blaise looked ready to explode again. "if that's how you really feel then fine! we're done!" he yelled and daphne shook her head.

"alright, have a nice life zabini." daphne said, turning on her heel and walking out of the common room.

jordan and draco looked at each other, exchanging silent words, before jordan got up to follow her best friend.

jackie was right behind jordan as the two ran though the halls to try to find the greengrass.

"where is she?" jackie asked and jordan shook her head.

"i have no idea. maybe greenhouse or the forest? those are the only places we haven't checked." jordan asked and jackie nodded.

"yeah, maybe we should leave her though, let her cool down?" jackie suggested and jordan nodded before they heard laughter.

"daph?" jackie called and they turned to see daphne with the hufflepuff seventh year.

"um, hey guys." daphne said awkwardly and jordan turned away.

"nope, not today. later, just not today." jordan muttered, going back to the common room.

she went back and sat down on the couch, putting a hand over her eyes.

"careful jones. i heard scar face has a crush on you!" she heard someone call and she groaned, knowing it would spark trouble.

"piss off! god!"