thirty five

the day of the ball came sooner than jordan would've liked.

the morning of the ball, she got up before the sun, as normal, and started writing her letters.

as much as she wanted to go with draco, her mother decided her and rylie would look better together.

so she wrote to draco, daphne, and rylie.

narcissia never told draco what she knew, but he would catch her giving a little smile at him every once in a while.

jordan finished her letters before heading to the library, where she spent most of her free time.

"miss jordan! tea?" holly, her elf, asked once she got there and jordan nodded.

"yes please. some chai with milk and sugar please." jordan asked, giving her elf a big smile.

"and just when i thought you were a slytherin." rylie said from jordans favorite chair.

jordan jumped, turning around to see him. "what are you doing here rylie?" she asked and he shrugged.

"definitely has nothing to do with getting death threats from malfoy." he said with a shrug and a playful smile.

"oh malfoy." jordan said, shaking her head.

"yeah, i just wanted to stop by and say something." he said and jordan looked at him, her eyes glimmering in the morning light.

he took a deep breath before saying, "jordan, if you want to go with malfoy that would be okay. i wouldn't be hurt about it or anything."

jordan looked at him before laughing. "rylie, i would love to go with draco, but we both know with my mother around, i'll never be able to do what i want."

rylie just nodded and started to leave. "he really likes you jordan, and he would probably treat you better than i would." he told her and she nodded.

"yes, that is quite possible." she said and he nodded.

"you two are perfect for each other." and with that, he left, leaving jordan mystified at him words.

she shook it off and sat down, getting her notebook and book she started last night.

around noon, her mother poked her head in.

"oh! jordan dear, i was hoping to talk to you for a few minutes." aurelia said and jordan looked up to see her mother in front of her.

"okay." jordan said unsurely.

aurelia smiled sweetly at her daughter. "you know, i just want the best for you right honey? and lately you've been looking a little thick on the skin and eating more than you should. if you want to keep a man darling, you're going to have to look better than you do. i suggest cutting back on food."

jordans mouth dropped. the feeling in her chest returned, more fierce than ever.

the pit in her stomach grew as she went back to getting dressed this morning, the way her pants barely buttoned at the top, and even back at the beginning on the year when her skirt became too tight.

"yes." she agreed quietly and aurelia smiled.

"perfect, we're on the same page again. i hope to see you ready by six tonight. you might want to go take a run or something." she said sweetly before floating out.

jordan sat there for a minute, debating what to do. excerise her mind or her body, make herself or her mother happy.

she decided on the run, thinking if she looked better it would make herself and her mother happy.

little did she know, she would never be satisfied with her body, no matter how much food she didn't eat or how much she worked out, nothing would satisfy her need to look skinny.

when she came back from her run, the house looked marvelous, christmas decor flattering the already gorgeous manor.

she quickly hurried to her room and decided to run a bath, being sure to wash herself and shave.

when she got out, holly the house elf was there to help her do her hair and makeup.

it took a while since jordans hair was long and thick.

"miss jordan?" holly asked and jordan smiled at her.

"yeah?"

"there are rumors going around with the house elf's that your family is related to benito mussolini. is it true?" she asked softly and jordan paused to think before giving her a smile.

"i'm not sure, but if i has to guess, i would think so. i can check our family tree though." jordan told her and holly smiled.

"thank you so much miss jordan!" she smiled happily and jordan gave her a warm smile.

"of course holly."

soon the girl was ready, her hair was curled neatly in waves, some pinned back, and her makeup looked effortless.

her dress made her look older than 15, and complimented her figure well.

she casually made her way downstairs to where guests started arriving.

"wow, you look amazing." rylie said, letting jordan at the bottom of the stairs.

she just gave him a weary smile and started looking around for draco or one of her friends.

she quickly spotted daphne and blaise as they were by far the best looking pair in the room.

"hey guys!" jordan grinned, unintentionally dragging rylie over to her friends.

blaise looked at the older boy in distain, knowing draco was not going to be happy when he got here.

"wow jj, you looking stunning!" daphne grinned, jordan pulling her into a hug.

"daph, you have no room to talk." jordan laughed, hugging her back.

the two floated around the ballroom, their dates behind them.

"jordan dear!" she heard and looked at her mother who beckoned for her with a sweet smile.

that was never good.

jordan gave daphne a reassuring smile as she moved over to her mother.

aurelia took jordans arm and whispered harshly in her ear, "you're looking a little big tonight darling."

jordans eyes tested up as she nodded and moved away, leaving the woman quickly.

she soon rejoined her friends and her date and dance.

it wasn't until the third rotation around the dance floor she even saw the little puff of bleach blonde hair.

a smile formed spontaneously on her face as she left rylie to go see draco.

in that moment, everyone knew, they would be fated together.