Pools, Niall & Sparks

This is a sad chapter guys so if you get emotional easily, have some tissues! 

Niall's P.O.V

"Lou pass the ball!" I screamed across from the other side of the backyard tackling Liam as I go. 
Louis threw the ball over towards me and was quickly caught by Zayn who had jumped in front of me
"WOOOOOO, YOU SUCK HORAN" He playfully pushed me. 

Harry and Jess were sitting by the pool, it was a hot day so we all decided to  spend the day outside by the pool and playing with the ball. 

Harry was cuddling up against Jess, and she looked awkward, as if she didn't want to be in his arms.
At first I was puzzled then I remembered the conversation we had the day before, how she didn't feel that spark anymore. A sly smile formed across my face and when I realized it was there I quickly went back to a normal poker face, hoping no one had seen me staring at them.  

A part of me was wondering when she was going to tell him what she had told me. 

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I felt a body fall against me and hearing the sounds of laughter all around. 

It was Liam.

"I got you good!" He laughed making his way off of me.
"You're lucky you are a tank, or else I would be after you" I teased

At this moment Harry and Jess had started walking over towards us, his arm around her waist while she gently pulled away and a confused look formed on his face. 

We all sat in a circle on the grass. 
"Jess have you heard from your mother" Zayn dared to bring up the subject. 
She looked to the floor and took a deep breathe "yeah, she landed in Australia"
"When do you , you know, find out.."
"She has to go meet with the people tomorrow, I'm just hoping for the best"
"Well whatever happens love" Louis started to say sitting beside her "We will be here for you"
"Thanks" She mumbled

"Always" I added

She smiled at me.

Not just a normal happy smile or a normal thankyou smile.

It wasn't just a smile, but she also had the look her eyes that she used to have when she looked at me, it was like there was a twinkle in her eye and that was the very first thing that attracted me to her and kept me captivated.

I couldn't help myself from smiling like an idiot, as much as I tried to stop, I couldn't. My face was sore from smiling so much but I didn't care.  

"Where's Liam?" Jess broke my train of thoughts 
We all looked around and Liam, who was once sitting beside Harry, wasn't there.

I felt a gush of water fall down on me and trickle down my neck
"Found him" A drenched me replied.

Everyone was in fits of laughter, except me
"I'll get you a towel" Harry laughed making his way inside the house.
"I'm going to take a cold shower" Zayn finally said after he stopped laughing
"And I just want to sleep" Liam said as Louis agreed.