My hero

Niall's P..O.V  

It was now 12:00am. 
The lads and I had been home for around 2 hours.
Jess had left a note saying she was going for a walk but you don't stay out at 12 in the morning on your own unless you are clubbing, but she would have called if she went to a club.   

I was pacing up and down the room as Zayn and Liam sat by the phone and computer hoping to get a call or see a photo about her wear abouts. Harry was sitting on the couch with Louis tapping their feet nervously   

"We can't just stand around here and wait!" Harry finally rose and spoke up. 
"We need to go find her"   
"She said not to worry" Liam tried remaining  calm 
"And you are honestly calm right now Liam?" I snapped knowing he was just trying to remain positive.   His head sunk and he knew I was right.   

"Niall" Harry said coming up with an idea, you could see the light bulb flashing above his head
"Do you still have Emma's number?"  
"Harry it's not the time to be trying to hook up with a pretty girl!"

"No! She might know where Jess is they are best friends don't forget"   
He had a point. 

I searched for my phone in my pocket not wasting anytime. It almost flew out of my hand but I caught it before it could hit the floor. Louis clapped trying to lighten the mood because that's what he does. We all turned to face him as if to say it's not the time nor the place.   

"Emma!" 
"What? I was sleeping!" 
"Sorry it's important!" 
"What's more important then sleep"
"Do you know where Jess is?"
"In her bed….sleeping, she likes sleep too" 
"COME ON EMMA THIS IS SERIOUS!" I screamed into the phone causing her to wake up completely.  "Ok fine, have you checked everywhere in your house?"
"Yes she's no where, have you spoken to her?" 
"Yeah today, she said Mark invited her over to his place and she was going to go, but she said she'd only stay a couple of hours then come home so it wasn't to late"
"Mark? her ex boyfriend?"
"yeah him, can I sleep now?"
"yeah, night"   

The boys looked at me as as I hung up the phone and it back in my pocket. 

"Mark?" Harry repeated
"You don't think?"
"No she wouldn't do that" Growing concerned.   

I trusted Jess, but not Mark. 
He was with a beautiful girl, who knows what he would try to do.   

"Did you even bother to find out where the apartment is?" Liam slammed his hand to his face
"I'll text Jess then when she replies her location will come up…hopefully"   

I took my phone out again and sent 'Jess where are you

After a long wait she sent back…or not her 'dead'   

I showed the boys the message as the tears were forming in my face when Zayn looked up and said  "She's with Mark?" 

I nodded

"And he sent back dead?"