F/ck you, Kei.

"I can't believe we're third years now." Yamaguchi stares at the bright blue sky above him, a warm smile on his face with his arms folded behind his head. Tsukishima rustles against the grass between Yamaguchi and you. "Yeah." Tsukishima answers with a single word, his golden brown eyes watch the clouds lazily.

You are still upset from this morning.

The previous years you were lucky enough to share a class with Tsukishima and Yamaguchi. But this year you're located in a class next to them. Sitting upright, you grab a handful of grass, tossing the shreds at the two.

"This is so unfair. Why am I the only one singled out from the two of you." Your brows furrow together and a frown is plastered over your face. Yamaguchi and Tsukishima turn their eyes towards you, both wearing mixed emotions. Yamaguchi frowns while Tsukishima glares.

"You're still whining about that?" Tsukishima clicks his tongue, grabbing a handful of grass and tossing it back at you. You swiftly block the attack with your arms. "Yes!" You cry out, a pout forms on your face when you turn your attention towards the track field. "Instead of seeing you and Tadashi..." You eye a specific duo, Kageyama and Hinata. Seeing the two makes you frustrated, crossing your arms, your words fall into silence.

"You'll get over it Y/N." Tsukishima slowly sits up, he looks at you from the corner of his eyes. Yamaguchi sits up as well, he tries to muster up a few comforting words to you. "Maybe with us not around, you'll finally have a chance of a confession." Yamaguchi smiles when you look over to him.

"A what?" You blurt out.

Tsukishima scoffs at the idea, a deep chuckle erupting from his throat. "Who would see Y/N as a potential girlfriend?" His golden eyes look you up and down. "She has no sex appeal."

Your eyes widen from Tsukishima's words.

Did he just say you're not attractive?

"T-Tsukki!!" Yamaguchi's face clouds with shock and anxiety when he notices your contorted expression. "You know how emotional Y/N gets when you talk about her appearance." Tsukishima smirks at you, a glimmer in his eyes.

He's purposely making fun of you.

"Fuck you Kei." Your hands close into tight fists, you steady yourself up. "I'll see you losers after school." Biting your lower lip, you feel the heat in your face and the corner of your eyes brimming tears. Yamaguchi notices the hurt in Y/N's face when he watches her run down the hill. He turns his attention over to Tsukishima who lays back down on the grass, raising his headphones over his ear.

"Tsukki, you know she doesn't like it when you comment on her appearance. Why'd you do that?" Yamaguchi lowers his eyes down to Tsukishima's face.

Tsukishima remains quiet, not answering Yamaguchi's question.

🏐・゚゚・。.

You stare at your reflection in the bathroom. Your eyes waver when you look at yourself. You lower your eyes down to stare at your body. The color in your face drains when you recall an old memory, a memory you've forced yourself to not think about. You find yourself having trouble breathing, faint screams of terror echoing in your ears. Your hands fly towards your ears, wanting to cover the sound but it's all mental and not physical. You squeeze your eyes shut, tears staining your face.

The bathroom door cracks open, a student steps inside and notices you in a panic.

"H-HEY Y/L/N!" The student shouts out towards you, squatting down beside you. The touch of their hand on your back pulls you out of your frenzy. Your eyes flutter open and the blonde haired student sees the horror in your eyes.

"Y-Yachi." You stutter out her name, lowering your hands from your ears to around her neck. Yachi yelps quietly from the sudden hug, her hand rubs in circular motions on your back. "Is everything okay? What are you doing in the bathroom like this?" Yachi's sweet voice slowly suppresses the constant screams in your mind.

You couldn't tell her the truth. No one knew the truth about your constant nightmare.

Not even Tsukishima and Yamaguchi.

The memory happened long before you were friends with them.

Shaking your head against Yachi's shoulder, you spit out a lie. "I think it's finally hitting me that we're going to be adults after graduation."

Yachi hugs you tighter, a small smile on her face. "Don't think about those things on the first day Y/L/N. We have months ahead of us before we can worry about that."

Slowly pulling away from Yachi, you wipe your tears and thank her for comforting you. "I should head back to class before lunch ends." Yachi helps you up and you say your farewells, exiting out of the bathroom. You halt yourself when you see Tsukishima and Yamaguchi walking towards your general area. You debated whether or not to hide back in the bathroom but their eyes pull towards you. Yamaguchi notices Y/N's redden nose and eyes, he then looks at the bathroom door behind her. "Did you just hide in the bathroom to cry Y/N?" Yamaguchi's brows furrow together, a frown on his face. Tsukishima's lips faintly twitch, the crease of his brows almost knitting together.

"Yeah. Not like Kei cares." Your eyes move away from Yamaguchi's to Tsukishima's. "It's nothing to worry about. I'm just being overemotional like always." Mumbling, you brush past Tsukishima, walking towards your homeroom.

"Ah..." Yamaguchi holds back his tongue from calling after Y/N. Tsukishima stops himself from turning around, he hides his tight fists in his pockets, walking ahead. Yamaguchi silently follows next to Tsukishima, a worried look on his face. "Do you really not care Tsukki?"

"She'll be fine." Tsukishima answers curtly. "We joke like this all the time."

"Well, yeah...but you know she always react strongly when it comes to her appearance." Yamaguchi murmurs, his lips pursing. "Aren't all girls?" Tsukishima speaks without a care, sitting down in his seat by the window. Yamaguchi shakes his head, exhaling when he sits down in the desk next to Tsukishima. "I always wonder how Y/N manages to stand up to your sharp tongue sometimes."

Tsukishima remains silent, his eyes blankly stare out of the window.

He didn't know either.