I already have someone I like.

After eating dinner with dad, you spend the remaining time on homework before getting up to change into your work uniform. You picked up a job last year to help your dad with some of the expenses in the house, which is everything but the rent and electric. Dad was against you working but you saw how tired he was becoming from the long nights. He's only getting older, so working as a construction worker is taking a harsher toll on his body. You timidly look at your abdomen in the mirror, trembling fingers brushing against the scar that's on your skin. This scar haunts you and reminds you of the events of the night you fear the most. You are too embarrassed to wear anything revealing your abdomen because of it. Narrowing your eyes, you toss on a black tee, a pair of jeans, and an apron around your waist. You walk over to your vanity and messily toss your hair into a bun, tying a ribbon around it.

You worked late nights at a yakitori restaurant. The time usually passes quickly because of the patrons who are getting off work, wanting a quick bite before they head home. A few nights there will be a group of rowdy drunks but you had the nerves to handle them. You had an amazing boss who would help you with those patrons also.

Takinoue Yūsuke, a former volleyball player for Karasuno High way back in the years.

He's also a close friend of Coach Ukai. So you would frequently see the volleyball team stop in for a bite after practice.

"Y/N, you're going to be late!" Dad calls out to you from the living room. He slides both feet into his steel toe boots.

You hurry out of your chair and open your bedroom door, rushing over to the foyer to put your shoes on and to kiss your dad on the cheek. "Thanks dad! Stay safe." Yelling out to your dad, you raise a hand to say goodbye, hopping onto your bicycle and cycling down the street in a hurry.

Dad watches Y/N disappear, a low chuckle rumbling from his throat. He locks the door behind him and steps into his car, heading off to his designated area.

After a ten minute bike ride; you halt in the back of the yakitori restaurant, leaning your bike against the exterior of the small restaurant.

"Yūsuke!" You call out for your flirtatious boss. He's in the front of the restaurant, turning the lights on for the opening. This particular yakitori restaurant only opens during the night from 6pm to 2am. Serving only chicken yakitori and drinks.

"Y/N!" He mimics your call, a grin on his face when he turns around. His large hand rests on your head. "How was your first day back, upperclassman?" Takinoue teases you. You brush his hand away, walking over to the fridge to grab the bins of marinated chicken out.

Takinoue doesn't act his age, 29. The two of you an 11 year age difference.

You expected a mature boss but you're given a flirtatious boss who treats you like a little sister.

"Horrible." You flatly say, opening the lid of one of the bins. Takinoue extends his hand towards the shelves above you and hands you a box of wooden skewers. "Oh?" He raises an eyebrow, turning around to where the grills are. He ignites the charcoal and slowly fans them to spark a larger burn. The two of you speak, back to back against each other. "What happened?" You purse your lips, sliding a piece of chicken down the skewer. "Kei and Tadashi are in a class together and I'm stuck with Kageyama and Hinata." Takinoue chuckles behind you, the smell of burning charcoal filling up the restaurant.