Regional announcement

"Did you do anything fun after we split off during summer break, Y/L/N?" Hinata is quick to speak to you before you are can sit down in your seat. Yawning, you wipe the tears in the corner of your eyes.

"Hmm, Kei and I went to this cat park." You brighten up at the memory. Hinata gasps, eyes twinkling. "That must've been so fun! I wish I could've been there...I was drowning in homework once we got back from the beach house vacation." Hinata grabs the packet of homework out, a loud thud hitting against the wooden surface of the table.

"I'm surprised you even did it." You smirk, giggling at Hinata. He puffs out his cheeks and furrows his brows at you. The two of you glance over to Kageyama who's been awfully quiet. Dark circles loom around his eyes and he looks like death itself. "Kageyama." You call out to him. He slowly turns his eyes over to you, his words stuck in his throat. "I'm guessing you stayed up late to do your homework?"

Kageyama replies with a nod, his head slowly hits against his backpack that rests on the table. "You look horrible." Hinata bluntly says aloud. The two of you expect a retort back from Kageyama, but silence is the only response.

The class simmers down when your teacher steps inside. He eyes the back row where the three of you sit. "I hope you all have finished your work over summer break?"

Not wanting to look irritated, you relax your twitching brow, wearing a small smile on your face when you echo a 'yes' with the other students in your classroom.

Today is going to be a long day, you just had a feeling.

🏐・゚゚・。.

"Finally." You grumble out, stretching your arms up towards the sky.

"Did you have a long day Y/N?" Yamaguchi appears next to you, a smile on his face. You jolt from his sudden presence, only to bump into someone on your other side. Nervously, you apologize and look over. "Clumsy like usual Y/N?" Tsukishima smirks when he sees you. You purse your lips, staring at the two.

"Are you guys heading off to the gym?" You change the topic. Yamaguchi nods his head, looking more excited than usual to go there. "Coach Ukai has an announcement to make and asked us to come by the gym before heading home."

"No practice? That's a surprise." You walk the two over to the gym. Tsukishima's hand gently brushes against yours. Feeling your heart skip, you hold back the urge to hold onto his hand. No one really knows that you two are dating besides Yamaguchi and Suga.

But his hand is right there.

You mentally grumble to yourself for not being able to do the smallest thing.

Would Tsukishima be upset if you held hands in school? Why were you two hiding the fact you're dating anyway?

"You could wait right here for us if you want Y/N. We'll walk you home after the meeting. It shouldn't take too long." Yamaguchi points over to the courtyard and you nod your head. He waves at you and enters the gym first. You expect Tsukishima to follow right after Yamaguchi but he idles next to you. You turn to look up at Tsukishima, he's scrunching his nose and looking to the side. "Are you going in Kei?" You call out to him.