Kei's harsh words

You wake up early from the sound of clattering in the kitchen. Pulling over a light cardigan, you tiredly walk to the bathroom to freshen up before seeing who's making all the commotion. Groggily walking past the clock, it reads 7:08 AM.

"Ugh." Shaking your head, you close the bathroom door. Ten minutes after your morning routine, you exit your bedroom door and stare down towards the kitchen from upstairs. "What are you doing up so early Kei?" You call out to him and he stiffens slightly when he hears your voice. His brows knit together, feeling embarrassed that Y/N's the one who spots him. Tsukishima turns around with his usual cocky smirk.

"Getting a head start before everyone wakes up."

You hurry down the staircase and walk over to him, staring at the ingredients he's pulled out. Bread and eggs.

"Are you making breakfast for Tadashi too?" You quietly ask, watching Tsukishima fumble with the pan that's buried under other pans and pots. You extend your hand towards him and assist him by taking the pots and pans off. "No. He can feed himself." Tsukishima curtly answers, lifting the pan out of the cabinet. You lower the cookware back into the cabinet.

"Oh." You simply say, walking over to the fridge to grab the jug of apple juice. Tsukishima eyes Y/N from the corner of his eyes, his lips parting slightly to say something. "Are you eating?" Tsukishima asks, turning the stove top on. Shaking your head, you reach for a glass out of the cupboard, filling the cup halfway. "I'm not a breakfast eater." You answer. Putting the jug back into the fridge.

Tsukishima cracks two eggs into the frying pan after spreading out a slim cube of butter in the pan. You linger around a bit, taking a sip of your juice while you watch Tsukishima make his eggs. He leaves his eggs idling in the pan while he place two slices of bread into a toaster.

"Is there a reason you're up early Y/N?" Tsukishima quietly asks, pressing the handle down on the toaster. Lowering the glass onto the counter top, you stare at the sizzling eggs. "I would be sleeping in but I heard someone rustling around in the kitchen." Tsukishima presses his lips together, moving his eggs slightly with his spatula before covering a lid over them. "Enjoy your breakfast Kei." Picking up your glass of apple juice, you make your way towards the foyer but Tsukishima calls out to you.

"Kageyama told Yamaguchi and I something yesterday." You stop from Tsukishima's stern tone. "That you feel left out?"

You tense up from his words, lowering your eyes to your drink. "Yeah. The two of you have been spending more time together and I feel like I'm intruding when I butt myself in." Speaking softly, you don't dare to turn around to look at Tsukishima. "Isn't it natural for me to feel this way?"

"You're excluding yourself out from us Y/N." Tsukishima eyes your small frame. "You've been more emotional lately and can't handle anything I say." Biting your bottom lip, you clench your hand against the coolness of the glass of apple juice. "I'm not like Tadashi who will take all your punches Kei. I'm a girl with fragile emotions." Tsukishima scoffs at your words. "A girl?"

Whipping your body around, you narrow your eyes on Tsukishima. He adjusts his glasses on the bridge of his nose, crossing his arms and wearing an arrogant smirk. "I don't see you as a girl, Y/N." The crispness in his voice pierces your heart. Your only response is shock. Your lips tremble and your mind is a mess with several comebacks but your voice is stuck in your throat. Hurt and anger flicker across your face and you're unsure which one to lean on.