His unsettling emotions

Tomorrow marks one of the most important days for Karasuno High. The regional games.

Tsukishima carefully watches the volleyball fly towards him, he calculates the time for him to jump and block Hinata's and Kageyama's combo move. Their combo is more precise over the years, but so is his blocking. Everything happens in a matter of seconds when Tsukishima jumps up, his arms are straight at first before he moves them to the right, feeling the surface of the volleyball slap him in the palms.

"DAMN IT." Hinata grumbles out when the ball slams right next to him. A smug grin graces Tsukishima's face.

"I'm not going to let you two idiots pass my blocks." Tsukishima snickers when he sees the dark looming shadow hover around Kageyama. A loud clap of hands pulls everyone away from their practice. Coach Ukai places his hands by his sides with a grin. "Alright team, let's wrap it up for today. Save your energy up for tomorrow." Takeda stands up from the bench and calls out to everyone. "We're treating you all to dinner so let's get everything cleaned up."

The gym is full of excitement when they hear the news about free dinner. Yamaguchi runs up to Tsukishima's side, sweating and redden in the face.

"Do you think we're going to see Takinoue and Y/N?" Yamaguchi wipes the sweat from his face with a towel that's wrapped around his neck. Tsukishima shrugs, walking over to the net and untying it. Yamaguchi unties the other side and the two meet in the middle, Yamaguchi handing the net over to Tsukishima. "It's been weird not seeing Y/N every day."

"Yeah." Tsukishima answers curtly. Yamaguchi eyes Tsukishima, trying to see any trace of sadness when they talk about Y/N. But Tsukishima either wears a smug look or a frown on a normal basis, making it difficult to read his expressions.

🏐・゚゚・。.

"Y/N are you almost done?" Takinoue is in the back of the restaurant, pulling out the marinated yakitori from last night. You're decorating the restaurant with streamers and balloons. Standing on one of the chairs, you extend your hand up to straighten up one of the banners that is lower than the other end. Even with the chair, you're just a tiny bit off of readjusting the banner with the thumbtack.

Takinoue eyes Y/N from the back, noticing how unbalanced she is on the chair. He starts to make his way to the front of the restaurant. The sound of chimes startles you, making you falter from the chair. Letting out a yelp, you force your eyes shut and extend your hand out to brace yourself for contact. But there's no sudden pain.

"Surprise!" Takinoue shouts to the ones who've entered the restaurant, his hand rests against your abdomen. Takinoue somehow rushed over to catch you before you clattered onto the ground. Your eyes narrow down to Takinoue's hand, a blush streaking across your face. Tsukishima eyes the two, his brows scrunching together.

"Thank you for saving me Yūsuke." You mumble out, readjusting yourself on the chair. Takinoue nods his head, pulling his hand away from your abs. He extends his hand out to help you off the chair which you take.

"Did you two decorate this all for us?" Ukai looks around with a wide grin. Takinoue shakes his head, pointing over to you after he pulls his hand away. "Y/N did. There's no way I have the talent to decorate like this." Takinoue chuckles and walks to the entrance, ushering everyone to sit wherever they'd like. The restaurant is reserved for them tonight.

You nervously place a hand against your abdomen, before looking up to greet the others.

"Kei!" You perk up when you see him standing to the side with Yamaguchi. His expression seems irritated when you walk up to him. Raising an eyebrow, you speak up. "Are you okay Kei?" He answers you bluntly with a 'yeah' before walking past you. His arm brushes up against yours and you slowly follow your gaze on him. "Did something happen Tadashi?" You whisper to Yamaguchi who stands next to you. Yamaguchi scratches the side of his face, awkwardly smiling. "I think Tsukki is upset at you."

Pursing your lips, you knit your brows together. "For what?" You've given him space the last few days to focus on practice.

Did he not want that?

"Maybe I'm wrong but, I think he was jealous of Takinoue just now." Yamaguchi whispers. "He's seen you more times than Tsukki this week. It probably didn't help that we walked in on him holding you."

Your eyes widen, face flushing a deep red. "Yūsuke just caught me from slipping. Does Kei think something is going on between us? I can't let him think like that before the game tomorrow." Worry clouds your mind and you try to think on how to handle this situation.

"Y/N! Are you not going to get drinks for everyone?" Takinoue cheerfully calls out to you and you're pulled away from your thoughts. Yamaguchi gives you a gentle pat on the shoulder. "I'll try to calm him down, Y/N." You look over to see a gentle smile on Yamaguchi's face. Nodding your head, you hurry over to the others to take their order.

Yamaguchi takes a seat across Tsukishima by a corner table. "Everything okay Tsukki?" Tsukishima doesn't answer, his eyes scrolling through his phone. Pursing his lips, Yamaguchi awkwardly looks at the table.

"Do you think Takinoue likes Y/N?" Tsukishima mumbles under his breath, his thumb stops scrolling against his phone screen. Yamaguchi raises his eyebrows, staring across from him to see the knit brows on Tsukishima's face. The two turn their attention over to Takinoue who's grilling the yakitori while chatting with Ukai and Takeda.

"Y/N, you're slacking!" Takinoue teases Y/N who's busy handing out drinks. He steps away from the grill, stacking more drinks on a serving tray to help Y/N.

"I think he's more of a big brother to her." Yamaguchi answers, watching Takinoue hand out the drinks, ruffling Y/N's hair when the two join back up near the grill. Tsukishima stares at Takinoue, narrowing his eyes.

"Sorry for the wait." You place two sodas in front of Tsukishima and Yamaguchi. "I'll bring the yakitori over once Takinoue finishes grilling a batch." Smiling at the two, you lower your eyes over to Tsukishima who quickly avoids your look. Biting your bottom lip, you grip onto your server tray. "Kei." You sternly say his name which causes a stiffening reaction from him.

"Y/N, the yakitori is ready!" Takinoue calls out to you. Squeezing your eyes shut, you lower your head before turning around with a smile. "Heard!" You excuse yourself from the two.

"Tsukki, are you going to ignore Y/N the whole night? She'll take it the wrong way..." Yamaguchi cracks open his soda, taking a gulp. Tsukishima looks indifferent. "I don't know what to do Tadashi. But seeing her right now isn't helping me." Tsukishima murmurs, staring at his soda.