Did I stutter, Y/N?

Closing your eyes, you feel the warmth of the hair dryer against your damp hair. After returning back with Yamaguchi, you went upstairs to shower. The beach house sounds more quiet than usual with everyone doing their own thing. Opening the door to leave the bathroom, the room paints in a beautiful orange to pink hue.

You change into something more comfortable, a white tee and a pair of pink silk pajama shorts. A faint knock can be heard at your door. Raising an eyebrow, you curiously walk over to the door, opening it.

Tsukishima stands in front of your bedroom door, his hand lowering to his side. Looking up into his golden brown eyes, you tilt your head. "What's up?"

"Can I come in?" Tsukishima whispers. You curiously stand on your tiptoes to peer past him, not seeing anyone downstairs in the living room. Stepping to the side, you let Tsukishima in. "How'd your talk with Tadashi go?" Tsukishima asks, walking over to sit on the edge of the bed. You close the door behind you, walking over to Tsukishima and taking a seat beside him.

"We said we liked each other." You cheekily say, a devilish smirk on your face. Tsukishima widens his eyes slightly before glaring at you. His fingers reach over to pinch your cheek. You grab hold of his fingers with both hands, lowering his hand back to his side. "In a friendly way of course. Tadashi gave us his blessing to date, if that's what you're curious about." Your voice trails off, a distant look in your eyes.

"Then why do you look so hesitant Y/N? If our feelings are mutual...wouldn't you want us to be together?" Tsukishima reaches over for your hand but you hide them behind your back. He feels a bit hurt by your action and you're quick to apologize. "There's something I've kept a secret from you two. Tadashi suggested that I tell you first." You hesitantly speak up, afraid to look at Tsukishima directly. His brows furrow together, anxiety running down his spine.

"A secret?" Tsukishima repeats your words in a deep tone. You quietly nod, biting your bottom lip. Feeling very aware of your closeness, you give yourself some distance between Tsukishima. He grows anxious from the way you're behaving.

"Something happened to me before I met you two. An event that happened when I was four." You dig your nails into your palm, feeling the prickling anxiety travel into your palms. "And I'm scared you'll look at me differently when I tell you." Your lip twitches into a frown, you rest your hands on the blanket, clenching onto it tightly.

Tsukishima silently stares at Y/N's troubled expression. He takes note of her body language and keeps his distance. "I'm sure whatever it is won't change how I feel about you Y/N." Tsukishima speaks softly towards Y/N, his eyes confidently gaze over her face.

You pull your arms close to you, wrapping them around your waist. "Even if what I tell you is ugly?" Your lips quiver when your words loosely slip from your tongue. Tsukishima grows more anxious when he stares at Y/N's closed off emotions. His brows knit together and he feels a sharp pain in his heart when he thinks of the possible situations that's made her keep a secret this long from him.

"Did..." Tsukishima winces when he thinks about a dark thought. "Did someone violate you Y/N?" He recalls the several times he's joked about Y/N's appearance and every time she reacted strongly. He never thought twice to why she acted that way and pushed it off as nothing. But now he regrets his words. Tsukishima then recalls how Y/N covered every part of her body in elementary school. How she never attended any swimming classes during P.E. She didn't start to show more of her skin until late middle school. With all of these thoughts piling up, Tsukishima wears a scowl on his face. Cursing himself for being inconsiderate. The corner of his eyes start to sting with tears.