Keep your eyes on me

After an hour and a half of warm up practice and defeating the first round an hour after, the team is preparing for the quarterfinals. Tsukishima struggles to maintain his focus and he's not the only one that's noticed.

"Hey, what's wrong with you? You've let some of those blocks slip past you last game." Kageyama bickers at him, dark blue eyes piercing at Tsukishima.

"Shut up." Tsukishima lowly retorts, stretching his legs and arms. Kageyama furrows his brows together, hands turning into fists. Yamaguchi quickly steps in between the two, calming Kageyama down. "Tsukki just has a lot on his mind right now, Kageyama. Let's not get too heated up right before our last match of the day." Yamaguchi tries to force on a smile despite feeling nervous standing up against Kageyama. Kageyama clicks his tongue, walking away.

"All I was trying to say is for him to focus." Kageyama grumbles, heading towards the bench to rest. Tsukishima overhears Kageyama, exhaling. He stops stretching to glance up towards the crowd, a seat still empty by Akiteru and the others. Yamaguchi follows Tsukishima's line of sight, drooping his shoulders. Y/N still is nowhere to be found and Yamaguchi worries that this will further distract Tsukishima.

"Hey, Tsukki." Yamaguchi calls out to him, standing in front of him. "Let's just enjoy this last game of the day. Even if we lose or win, it's fun to play volleyball with you like this. We won't get a moment like this after graduation." Tsukishima seems taken aback from Yamaguchi's words, his stress subsiding for now. Nodding his head, Tsukishima forms a small smile towards Yamaguchi. "Yeah." Yamaguchi's smile brightens when he sees the smile on Tsukishima's face.

Coach Ukai then calls for a quick huddle before the game starts.

🏐・゚゚・。.

"Is it just me or does the atmosphere here seem a bit tense?" Oikawa whispers to Iwaizumi. The two sitting on the opposite side of the gym to root for their perspective school team. Iwaizumi lowers his eyes to the court, staring at the score. Aobajohsai is in the lead with one winning match. They're not far off from taking the win in the second match, a one point lead.

"Karasuno seems to struggle staying focused." Iwaizumi murmurs. Oikawa leans forward to stare at the players. He smirks when he sees the glare in Kageyama's eyes towards Tsukishima. "Good to know those two still can't play together." Oikawa chuckles. "The King himself seems like he's about to yell Tsukishima's ear off if he misses another block."

"What's going on with Kei?" Akiteru raises an eyebrow when he watches Tsukishima barely block the oncoming volleyball. "If they keep things going at this rate, Karasuno is looking at a loss." Shimada clasps his hands together, sweating more than the players on the court. Takinoue watches in silence, feeling like he's at fault for Tsukishima's bad gameplay. "Are they losing?!" A ragged voice speaks towards the three along with a hoard of footsteps. Akiteru looks to the side and sees Daichi, Sugawara, and Asahi. Nishinoya, Tanaka, and Kiyoko appear from behind them.

The three alumni's widen their eyes when they see the others.

"Daichi!" Akiteru calls out his name in shock. He then looks at the others and raises a hand up to greet them. "What brings you all here?"