Likes and apologies

Your eyes downcast towards the water around you. Tsukishima carefully cups your face with his hands, he lifts your face up to look at him. "The guy you like...who is it?" Tsukishima searches your eyes for an answer. "I'm sure I'll be better than whoever he is."

You quietly giggle, averting your eyes to the right. Tsukishima knits his brows together, squishing your cheeks together. "What's so funny Y/N?"

You place your hands on top of Tsukishima's large ones, prying his fingers off of your face. Lowering his hands under the water, you slap your hands against his face, making him wince. "I like you Kei. For someone who's smart, you're really clueless when it comes to my emotions."

Tsukishima grows quiet, his eyes wavering when he looks at you in disbelief. "Why else am I always so hurt when you make fun of me?" You grumble, pulling your hands away from him. Turning your back against him, you attempt to return to the surface. You only then notice how far you've drifted. You coyly turn back to Tsukishima, nibbling your bottom lip. "Help me back to the shore."

Tsukishima pulls himself out of his shock, blinking a few times. "Wait, the person you like is me and not Tadashi?"

Lifting an eyebrow up, you stare at Tsukishima confused. "Why would it be Tadashi? He's up your ass more than I am his." Tsukishima gives you a deadpan look from your choice of words. You clear your throat, looking at Tsukishima. "I like you Kei."

A heat creeps onto Tsukishima's face when he hears your tender voice. "But, I think we need to clear the air up with Tadashi. It's only fair. Until then, my feelings for you are on standstill." The corners of Tsukishima's lips twitch, wanting to turn into a frown. He quietly nods his head. Y/N is right. He has to properly decline Tadashi's confession.

You groan in front of him, running your fingers through your wet hair. "Things are going to be weird between the three of us, aren't they?" Tsukishima extends his hand towards your cheek, gently grazing his thumb against your face. You startle from how delicate his fingers brush against you. Tsukishima brings your attention back to him, a lop-sided smile on his face.

"We'll get through it."

His words give you an odd sense of comfort. You find yourself smiling to Tsukishima's words.

"Okay." Is all you can muster to answer. Tsukishima laces his fingers with yours and he helps you back to the surface. Once the two of you reach the shoreline, Nishinoya spots you in a frantic. "Y/L/N, THERE YOU ARE." Nishinoya stops in front of you, hunching over and panting harshly. "How'd you get all the way out here?" He looks up and notices Tsukishima beside you. Tsukishima remains calm with his emotions. "Oh? Were you two out in the ocean by yourself?" Nishinoya forms a mischievous smirk.

You notice the shells in Nishinoya's hand, reaching out for one to change the topic. "Hey! Where'd you find this sand dollar?" Nishinoya easily gets distracted, eyeing the shell in your fingers. He reaches for it but you bolt into a run. "Y/L/N!! THAT'S MY FIND YOU LITTLE JERK." Nishinoya kicks his feet against the sand, chasing after you. Tsukishima quietly watches Y/N run, a smile on his face.

"Troublemaker." Tsukishima chuckles lowly. He turns his eyes over to where Yamaguchi previously was. Biting his bottom lip, he walks back to the boulders.