Friendly competition

"Have you guys seen Y/L/N?" Suga calls out to the group that's lounging in the living room and kitchen. "She's not in her room?" Asahi asks from the sofa, flipping a page in his book. Nishinoya runs upstairs and knocks on her door, not hearing a response. He carefully opens the door and sees no one inside. "She's not in here."

"Did she go outside?" Kiyoko speaks up, from the living room. Tanaka sits beside her switching the channels on the television. Suga looks over at Yamaguchi and Tsukishima who are sitting in the bar stools in front of the island table. "Do you two know where she went?"

Tsukishima shows no interest, shrugging his shoulders. Yamaguchi looks over to the front door. "Did she never come back from this morning?"

"Come back where?" Daichi raises an eyebrow at Yamaguchi, taking a sip of his coffee. "She stormed out the front door earlier this morning." Tsukishima mutters. Suga glances at the time on the microwave, '1:27 PM'. "There's no strange kidnappings around here is there?" Asahi fears the worst as usual.

"Shut up Asahi! Don't say something like that." Suga freaks out at the thought. "Her dad would hurt me if she disappeared." With Asahi's thoughts in Suga's head, he hurries out of the beach house.

🏐・゚゚・。.

"Calm down Y/L/N!" Hinata cries out, he struggles to hit Y/L/N's tosses. Kageyama cracks a smile when he notices Hinata's energetic nature is being tested by Y/L/N's aggressive skill. "I wouldn't even know you played volleyball just by looking at you." Kageyama calls out to her, jumping up to serve.

"What is with guys and judging a girls appearance." You grumble out, eyes tracking the volleyball. Hinata receives the serve and calls out to you, tossing the ball to you. Hinata's toss is a bit lacking but you make up for it, jumping to the ball a second later. Kageyama seems thrown off by Y/L/N's reaction skill and misses the ball barely. You land on your feet, furrowed brows on your face.

"You're more angry than usual Y/L/N." Hinata timidly speaks up behind you. Puffing your cheeks out, you run your fingers through your hair, your bangs falling over your face. "Y/L/N!!!" Several voices shout your name and the three of you look over to the beach house in the distance.

"SHE'S OVER HERE!" Hinata cups his hands together and shouts back. Suga, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi run over to the three of you. You ignore Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, looking up at Suga who looks worried. "Is everything okay?" You ask him, Suga is hunched over, hands on his knees.

"We thought you were kidnapped." Suga pants out. Tsukishima averts his eyes towards the beach, crossing his arms. Yamaguchi steps towards you, speaking softly. "You never came back this morning so..."

"Didn't know you cared." You mutter towards Yamaguchi, walking away from him. "Since the three of you are here...Kei and Tadashi, go over to Kageyama's side."

"Wait, I don't want them on my team." Kageyama blurts out, glaring at Tsukishima and Yamaguchi. Suga stands up straight and raises an eyebrow. "You were out here playing with these two? Even though you don't like them?" Suga wears a half smile.