Flippy emotions

You flip the last chair onto the table and turn off the front lights of the restaurant. Takinoue yawns while he closes the lid over the marinated chicken for tomorrows dinner service. He tiredly opens the fridge and slides them all inside.

"Ready to go home Y/N?" Takinoue calls out to you from the back. You hurry back there with Takinoue, the two of you exiting from the back of the restaurant. Grabbing your bike, you wait for Takinoue to lock up the door. Takinoue kindly bikes with you home every night and tonight is no different. You cycle a bit slower to match his pace.

"Good work today Yūsuke." You smile when you look over at him, seeing his sleepy tears on the corner of his eyes.

"You too Y/N." He smiles back, wiping his eyes and another yawn escapes from him. "It was nice to see the volleyball team come in today."

"Looks like there's new recruits too. Hopefully they'll be able to hold a winning streak for the third years after they graduate." The spring night air kisses your face, the stray pieces of your hair flying past you. "I'm sure they will." Takinoue grins. "Ukai overheard one of their conversations. Did one of the first years try to get your attention?"

You recall the first years question earlier in the night. Exhaling, you bike a little quicker. Takinoue quickens his pedaling to follow you. "He said you told the first year you have someone you like. Who is this person Y/N?" Takinoue teases you, grinning from ear to ear. "Aren't you a bit too old for this kind of gossip Yūsuke?" You feel your cheeks heat up but the coolness of the early morning stops your face from reddening too much. Takinoue wears a gentle smile when he looks at your flustered expression.

"There you go again, calling me old."

"You're nearing your 30's Yūsuke." Slowing your pedaling, you look over at him briefly. Takinoue groans loudly into the quiet air.

"Don't remind me! I've been too busy with the restaurant that I can't find the time to socially date." You scoff, rolling your eyes. "We only open for eight hours a day. You oversleep, so don't make excuses."

The two of you come to a halt when you're at the front of your house. Sliding yourself off of your bike seat, you tell Takinoue goodnight. "You're a handsome man Yūsuke, stop being lazy and make an effort to go out on a date. I expect to hear news from you the next time I work."

"You expect me to find a girl to date in two days?" Takinoue watches Y/N roll her bike up the cobblestone path towards her front entrance. "Yeah. You can do it. Or at least attempt it." You giggle, leaving your bike parked next to the door. "I'm going in now. Night Yūsuke!"

"Night Y/N!" Takinoue mimics your cheerful farewell, he then cycles off further ahead towards his place.

🏐・゚゚・。.

The morning arrives quicker than you expect when you're dozing off in your seat. You faintly hear your teachers voice when he calls for attendance.

"Y/L/N Y/N?" The teacher calls out your name and you weakly raise your hand up to acknowledge him. "I suggest you to sleep at home and not in class Y/L/N." Your eyebrows twitch into irritation when you hear the arrogance in your teachers voice. Sitting up straight, you force on a smile. "Sorry, sir. I'll make sure to not do it again." You speak sarcastically. Dropping your smile and glaring at him.