Small words of exchange

After running around on the beach with Suga, you retire back into your room. Taking a shower to rid yourself of the sand. You ruffle your hair in a towel and sit yourself down on the bed. You haven't spoken to Tsukishima or Yamaguchi all today. The two seeming to just spend time together.

You lower your eyes to your phone, staring at the photo of the three of you that's your wallpaper. A frown forms on your face, your thumb gently brushing against your phone screen.

Lowering your phone back on the night stand, you walk back into the bathroom to blow dry your hair. You decide to take a nap until dinner rolls around. Suga suggested a barbecue to start the first night off here at the beach house. You are thankful there's at least one person who is happy to speak to you. Your thoughts focus on Suga.

🏐・゚゚・。.

"Shouldn't we get Y/L/N to grill the meat?" Hinata watches Asahi jump back from the spark of the flames. Something is comical about seeing a tall guy with a chin beard afraid of small sparks of fire. "Does she know how to grill meat?" Asahi asks, nervous of the flickering flame while he moves the ribs around on the grill.

"She works at a yakitori restaurant. I'm sure that's more experience than what you have." Kageyama watches Asahi sweat profusely. "Shut up, I'm trying." Asahi weakly mutters, placing the tongs down on an empty plate. "Where is she anyway? I haven't seen her since this afternoon." Hinata and Kageyama both shrug. "Have you guys seen Y/L/N?" Asahi calls out to the other members of the group.

"She's probably still asleep in her room." Suga answers, setting up the table with plates. Nishinoya perks up from Suga's words. He stops shucking corn with Daichi. "Should I go wake her up?" Suga narrows his eyes on Nishinoya, "No."

"I'll go wake her." Yamaguchi speaks up, standing up from the wooden bench. Suga looks over to Yamaguchi and nods his head. "Thanks Yamaguchi." Nishinoya grumbles, grabbing another corn and peeling off the skin. "What's the difference between me and Yamaguchi going. We're both guys."

"Yamaguchi wouldn't take advantage of Y/N's sleeping state, unlike you Noya." Daichi speaks from beside him, chuckling. Nishinoya crinkles his nose, a quiet laughter escaping him.

Yamaguchi nervously stands in front of Y/N's bedroom door. He raises his hand up towards the door, his hand trembles with anxiety. Faintly knocking, Yamaguchi calls out to Y/N. "Y/N, are you up?" Yamaguchi waits for a response but his question is answered with silence. Pursing his lips together, he places his trembling hand on the doorknob. "I'm coming in." Yamaguchi calls out, opening the door carefully. The darkness of the room greets him when he opens the door. The only light is from the ceiling window, the brightness of the moon casting down onto the bed.

Yamaguchi quietly walks over to Y/N, he tenses up when he sees her sleeping face. He's never seen her look so peaceful like this before. The last time he's seen Y/N's sleeping face might've been back in middle school when she came over for a sleepover with him and Tsukishima.

Steeling his nerves, Yamaguchi gently places his hand on her shoulder to shake her awake. "Y/N, we need your help with dinner."

Y/N's hand gently clasps over top of Yamaguchi. Her touch makes him freeze. "Five more minutes..." She murmurs half asleep. Her hand holds onto Yamaguchi's and he's too nervous to pull his hand back. His heart races and the sound of his beating heart loudly rings in his eardrums. This emotion makes him confused.