Don't Even Think About It

I really like this chapter and I hope you do too.  Tell me what you think please! Loves!!

Sang

The air above my head shifting has me up and on the person above me. Before I even recognize what I'm doing I have my knife to the neck of the person I have pinned. Once I shake the sleep from my vision I look to see who I scared the piss out of this time. Crap! It's Blondie!

I quickly jump up and stow my knife away so I can apologize. Realizing I still have my headphones in I pause the music and take them out. Offer him a hand up I apologize. "Sorry man, I didn't mean any harm. You didn't get cut right?" Taking my hand he hauls himself up and shakes his head no. I can still see the red in his eyes from earlier and feel even more like shit.

Looking him up and down to make sure there aren't any other injuries I start to wonder why he was above me anyway. When he doesn't move and just starts blushing I figure I've visually scrutanized him enough for today. "So," drawing out the 'o' I try to make him get the hint to explain. For being Academy he really isn't catching on.

Blushing a deep crimson he starts to sputter out "I'm sorry for waking you! I'm Corey by the way and Phil told me to find you because you're supposed to meet with him and my team and-" I cut him off with a chuckle. Looking at Corey from the side of my eye I see that he's very confused.

"Well Corey, it would seem Phil set you up. He is well aware of what happens when someone wakes me and sent you anyway so we have a couple options. We go in there normal and forget this ever happened." With a slightly evil grin I start to rub my hands together. "Or, my dear Corey, prank the fuck out of him for sending you in here. I would choose option B but it's up to you." With a smirk I take in his face. Blondie here seems to be off in a daze.

Suddenly he starts to laugh. Corey's laughing so hard he's clutching his side and it's super infectious. By the time we're able to control ourselves we're both laying on the floor breathing hard. He turns his happy blue eyes to me and says words that make me very happy. "Let's get them back!" YES! I look at him and know exactly what to day. "Okay. Here's the plan..."

######

I walk into the meeting room Phil always uses calmly. Everyone is staring at me with mouths wide and eyes wider. Tattoos over there looks about to explode and Messy is over here about to faint when Phil finally speaks. "Sang." The air seems to be getting more tension filled by the second. "Can you please explain to me what, exactly, is all over your shirt?" I look down as if just realizing it.

Looking at Phil dead in the eye I calmly state. "Well, Phil, I think it's fairly obvious that this is blood. This isn't the first time you've seen me covered in it I don't see why it's such a surprise." Tattoos is growling and the native looking man with long hair is holding his arm tightly. Blondie2 is green. Phil looks petrified. Perfect. I think this will work nicely.

Phil starts to cough before choking out, "Whose blood Sang? And why are you covered in it?" I look at my nails and start to flick off dried "blood" from them. Looking back up I coldly reply. "Someone, unfortunately, had an accident with my knife because they woke me. I figured you sent them and as you knew what would happen, wanted them gone. I see nothing wrong here. You obviously wanted them dead if you sent them to wake me. Poor guy seemed nice though." I look back at my nails and force myself to look nonchalant.

Tattoos starts screaming in Russian and tears are streaming down his face. Blondie2 is looking at Phil as if he is Hitler and Messy is about to throw-up. When I see Phil's face fall and tears start to fall I can't take it anymore. Looking up at all of them I yell "NOW!" and Corey comes waltzing in perfectly fine with not a drop of anything on him.

Everyone in the room freezes and Corey and I crack up. Phil looks ready to explode and Tattoos is rushing to Corey and kissing the fuck out of him. It's bordering on indecent by the time Corey stops him. I'm still laughing my ass off when everyone collcects themselves.

Realizing he brought this on himself Phil just sighs heavily and lays his head in his hands. Messy looks at me with what I can only describe as admiration in his eyes. Looks like I have a fellow prankster here. YAY! Phil looks at Hair and starts introductions. "Axel Toma, this person who just about killed us all is Sang Sorenson. She will be working with you on this mission now that Kayli is gone."

That comment has me sobering immediately. Shit, I'm the reason she's gone and he wants me to work with them? CRAP! I look at Phil and know my face is starting to get red. "Phil, you have not asked me to do any mission so don't you think you should before stating I'll help them?" We both know I will but still! It's the principal of the matter really. Ask don't tell, ugh men!

Phil looks at me square in the eyes and after a couple seconds sighs again. "Sang, they're rescuing one of our teams and need a bird to be able to get into the location do you accept?" We both know the answer. Without hesitation I reply "I accept. Now that that's cleared up how about I figure out all of your names? I know that ones Corey and you're apparently Axel." They all look at me incredously "What? If we're going to work together I can't keep refering to you as Messy, you as Tattoos or you as Blondie2." More stares. Fun.

Corey busts up laughing again and tries to talk through it. All of the rest of them are just staring at me blankly. I turn to Phil and stage whisper "Are you sure they're ok? I mean they don't seem very quick." I snicker at the enraged expression on Axels' face.

He leans forward and presses his hands flat against the table separating us. "I'll have you know, Sang, we are one of the top Academy teams and I won't have you insulting us." I look him up and down before reaching my hand across the table and speaking. "Good. I'm glad we're on the same page. Now really names please." Axel shakes my hand and points to Messy. "This is Marc Weiland, Family Lead." Next, he points to Tattoos, "Raven, professional Russian." lastly to Blondie2. "This is Brandon Henshaw him and Corey are twins and usually cannot be told apart hence the earlier silence."

Ah, see now things make sense. I look Brandon and Corey up and down again. "Well you know I'm Sang Sorenson, Ghost Bird and jack of all trades. Let's get looking at this mission. What team are we rescuing?" Everyone exchanges glances and Phil smiles lightly. Handing me a file Phil leaves the room for the Toma team and I to strategize.