Getting Real

I'm sorry!! Life has been weird these last few days but here's the chapter. Loves!!

Sang

Opening the file Axel gave me I'm a little shocked. The Lee team was on a mission to take down a drug ring and ended up stuck in the ring without an escape plan. They've got three members and have been undercover for over a year now. I'm not shocked by the mission no. I'm shocked by the team.

They were a part of the infamous Blackbourne team for so long. I wonder what caused the split. The Blackbourne team was called in for many different things but specialized in recovery so it's not all that weird that these three were doing a recon set up with the background they had.

I look at the team around me and have to wonder what the plan was before Kayli dipped. The only thing I can think they would need a girl for specifically is the entertainment this ring brings in every week. The girls are there for two days and it's always different girls. We thought they were using them for trafficking for a while but the girls never go missing.

Flipping the file closed I look each one of these men in the eye before speaking. "Alright, I need to know what your original plan was so we can tweak it if needed. If it's what I think it is I need specifics but it might work." Axel and Marc look to each other for a moment before Marc speaks. I can tell he's not big on this idea by the slight hesitation in his voice though.

"We were going to have Kayli go in with the weekly entertainment and Raven sent in as the girls bodyguard. From there they would get the rest of us in after Corey can figure out the schematics of the place. We want to know where the guys are held before just storming in." Brandon grumbles something under his breath at this point. Looking at him has me thinking they know these guys well.

Still staring at Brandon I address them all. "How well do you know this team? I need to know if there will be any emotions at play." Seeing them all snap their heads up with fury in their eyes I hold up a hand and continue. "I'm not saying you shouldn't be on the mission only that I need to know what to expect. If we go in there and someone gets pissed we can handle it but only if we know it might happen." I stare at Axel during the last part. He needs to be the one to tell me.

Nodding his head slightly Axel relaxes. "We were very close to the Blackbourne team so of course we know them by association. I won't say all of us are well acquainted with these three but Corey has worked closely with Victor before." I look over at Corey to see if there will be any problems only to find sheer determination in his eyes.

I look at all of them one more time just to see how they all are reacting to this idea. Not only are some of their friends in danger they also just lost a long time girlfriend. I won't risk people's lives because they're distracted. None of them look happy but they all seem to be focused and that's all I need.

Looking at the file once more I make up my mind. "Okay, your plan seems decent but if you don't mind I have a suggestion?" Axel looks me in the eyes and must seem something because he nods and puts a very small grin in place for a moment. "Instead of sending in Raven, send in Brandon. He would be less intimidating and you could have Corey come in if needed before we can get everyone in. I have no problem going in as entertainment."

Marc's eyes light slightly at this and Corey smiles. I don't know what this team has been dealing with but it seems my easy agreement makes them relax a bit. Axel and Brandon look to each other for a few seconds. I know they're trying to decide if my idea will work. Turning back to me Brandon nods and says he's willing to go in.

We spend the next hour going over logistics of time and meet up before Phil comes back in. Looking at the Toma team he clears his throat. "Gentlemen it's late and you all have a long few days ahead. If everything is sorted here you might want to head home for the night. It's been a long night for everyone and you all need to take care of yourselves before this mission starts." Axel stands followed by the rest of them.

I also stand and go over to Corey as Axel and Marc speak to Phil. "Hey, I just wanted to apologize for earlier. I had no right to interfere outside. You three were having a very personal conversation and didn't need my input." Looking at my shoes I try to fight the blush taking over my face. I'm very good at fucking with people but real emotions and shit cause me to lose what little cool I have.

I glance up to see if he's going to freak but Corey's just staring at me. "Sang, thank you. You don't need to apologize because we did need you to step in. I'll admit I handled things badly but that's due to a lot of other things and Kayli dismissing and treating Raven and I like that-" tears start to glisten in his eyes as Raven wraps his arm around Corey. I don't know how much he was listening to but it was enough.

Corey continued with a watery voice. "When she said those things that was the final straw for me and you stepping in helped us do what we should have long before. We all suspected she was cheating but no one wanted to think about it so we ignored it." With a slight chuckle he shook his head and leaned against Raven. With Raven being slightly shorter it was an adorable sight.

Raven nodded along with his boyfriend and a few minutes later they all left with our plans in place for me to meet up with Brandon tomorrow before we went in. When it was just Phil and I in the room he turned to me and glared slightly. I knew this was coming. Before he could even start lecturing I held up both hands in surrender.

"I know. I know. I messed up. I shouldn't have taken the mission because of who it was but if I hadn't we wouldn't know where the next drop is and we wouldn't have a team there to take care of it. No one saw me and nothing happened so please for tonight can we skip the lecture?" Phil practically deflated at my words before nodding.

"Yes Sang, we can skip it tonight. It's been a long night and you need to rest before tomorrow. Just promise to be careful ok? This is a dangerous mission and I don't want anything to happen." I looked Phil in the eyes as I nodded my head yes. I would be careful, there was too much at stake. Too many people were depending on this to go well. With that I turned and left the building. I needed to go home and pack shit was about to get real.