Needs It

Okay guys, Lynus actually wanted to be the one to tell you all what the results were lol. This meant that yes a cliffy was needed but I think it's worth it lol. I hope you enjoy this little peek into his mind. Loves!!

Lynus

"I'm sorry.."

My heart drops through my chest. I thought. I hoped so much that I would have finally found my sister. I've grown up knowing that I have a sibling somewhere but we never knew who. Aunt Lily always made sure I knew who my mother was. That I knew things about her. I wanted to be able to do that for someone else. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

Sang's shoulders droop minutely at Dr. Roberts words. If I wasn't watching her so closely I wouldn't have noticed it. She's very good at controlling her actions or at least those I've seen. I can't tell if she actually wants this test to show we're related or not. She seems nice though. She's tried to make me feel comfortable and I really like that. Plus Uncle Henry said she's great at her job and I trust him.

"I'm sorry but it looks like you guys might want to get very used to each other." What? My brain stutters to a stop before whirling at warp speed. "Lynus Amber and Sang Sorenson, you share approximately 60.8% DNA. This is consistent with that of full siblings." She's... my... sister? It's real? Please, please let this be real! A hand claps onto my shoulder but I'm too frozen to move. If I move I might wake up and find this was all a dream.

Uncle Henry crouches in front of me. He grabs my hand that's still clutching the table. "Hey, hey look at me. This is good. This is what you wanted. Yes, it's change. Yes, it's going to be new but that's okay. It's not going to disappear Lyn. She's not going to disappear." My breathing starts to slow to a normal rate. Taking deeper breaths gets easier and easier. I haven't had a panic attack in a few months. I hate that I just did.

Once I can properly obtain oxygen again I glance over to Sang. She's just calmly talking to Dr. Roberts at one end of the table. She isn't looking at me? She doesn't seem to be bothered? I don't get it. When people see me having a panic attack they always look at me with pity. Why isn't Sang?

She must see me looking at her because she shoots me a smile. Sang looks so much like Mother. That smile just adds the last touch. It makes her look exactly like the pictures, except her eyes. Sang's eyes look different, sadder. Mother's always look sad in pictures, just like Aunt Lily's but Sang's, Sang's look more devastating. She has seen horrors and lived through pain.

With a quick nod to Uncle Henry and Uncle Liam I stand to go talk with Sang. My little sister. Dr. Roberts catches my eye on the way over and smiles softly. Ah, there's the pity. I hate the pity. Yes, I have panic attacks. No, I can't stop them. No, I don't want your freaking pity. I have to force my face to not glare at him. It's fine. He doesn't know. No point in getting upset, it does no good. "I'll leave you two now. Lynus, Sang can show you some of the more secluded parts of the hospital if you'd like? Henry, Liam and I have some items to discuss anyway."

Nodding my head I turn to Sang. She looks me up and down quickly before getting a wicked glint in her eye. "I've got something I think you'll appreciate Lynus." Um, that doesn't sound good. She wouldn't lead me to my doom right? There's no way that she could want me dead yet. We just met! No, no, it's fine. Uncle Henry trusts her so I should too.

I follow her at a much slower pace to the door. Dr. Roberts hollers out just as the door is shutting behind her. "Don't scare him Sang! And don't get into trouble!" Sang bursts into laughter as she starts to skip down the hall. Turning around she faces me and continues to skip. That takes skill. With an exaggerated eye roll she smirks up at me. I return a small smile.

"So, Lynus, what I'm going to show you is top secret and must never be revealed. Phil doesn't even know I know about this little gem." Um. "Don't worry, even if we get caught, which we won't, it's fine. Technically the space is open to the general public but no one goes there." I take a shaky breath and meet her eyes. She seems so confident. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit envious.

I watch her peek around corners and slip down the hall making no noise at all. Suddenly I lose sight of her and have to stop. Where did she go? Sang was literally right in front of me just a second ago! I almost scream when her head appears right next to me. The only reason I didn't is because she put her tiny hand over my mouth.

Silently giggling she pulls me into an alcove I never saw. On one side is a short door. More like an attic door. With a finger pressed to her lip Sang looks back at me. A small amount of worry is present in her eyes. I don't like seeing her worried. Giving her a warm smile I watch as she unlatches the door and slips inside. I assume I'm supposed to follow so that's just what I do.

After getting in there's a ladder placed to climb. Sang is already halfway up. Scrambling to follow I scratch my arm on the door. A small hiss of breath escapes me as I latch the door behind me and start to climb. Once I make it to the top of the ladder I poke my head through the hole there and see Sang waiting patiently.

I have to catch my breath slightly after hoisting myself up. There is a reason I don't do rescue missions. You have to be able to climb great lengths and I, most definitely, can NOT do that. Sang gives me a moment to breathe before motioning to follow her again. Where on Earth are we going? My question is answered when we reach a curtained off area. The shimmery pink curtain that hides whatever is behind it swishes as Sang lightly trails her fingers along the edge.

"This is kind of my personal get away. When Phil brought me into the Academy I didn't have anywhere or anything of my own. One day I was exploring the hospital while hiding from some people and came across this place. I've slowly turned it into my home ever since. I have my own apartment now but this will always be my first home." Her voice takes on a wistful quality as she speaks and I just want to give her a hug. I don't think she would like that though.

Sang takes a deep breath before pulling the curtain to the side and motioning for me to walk in. Oh my! This place is amazing. A big window rests against an entire wall with a cushioned seat positioned there. A small stack of books sit on the seat as well as a fluffy blanket. A pillow is placed on either end. You can see for miles out of this window.

Stepping closer I examine what's outside. This side of the hospital overlooks a pond and cluster of trees. I can just imagine it at sunset. The colors splashing across the water and making everything look like a fire roars around it. "Wow." Sang glides up next to me and looks out where I am. She has a content smile on her face as she sees everything outside.

"Yeah. This is where I come when everything is too much."

"Thank you for showing me."

Sang just shrugs and checks her phone. "Shit! I have to get going soon." With a hesitant look my way she reaches out and places her hand on my arm very briefly. "I really am happy about the news. We'll have to set up a time to meet and get to know each other better." My eyes track her hand as she removes it and lightly grips her shirt. Why is her hand shaking?

"Yeah. Yeah we will."

She shoots me a grateful smile before we head back out. Once I meet back up with Uncle Henry and Uncle Liam I'm completely calm. They both look a little pleased as we head to the car. "Thank you. Both of you." They look to me with the comforting care they always have. Uncle Liam wraps his arm around my shoulders and squeezes lightly.

"Don't you know by now? We'll always do everything we can for you. All of your family will." Uncle Henry smiles at me as Uncle Liam says what I know he would as well. I know they'd do anything for me. I've known my whole life they would. It's still nice to hear. I just hope that now extends to Sang. I think she needs it.