Two Years Past

Hey loves! I'm sorry but this one is a bit shorter. I think the content makes up for this though. I hope you enjoy. Loves!!
Owen

Two years ago

Everything was getting confusing. None of the information we had gathered was making sense anymore. Just when we thought we had these guys they would slip through our fingers like sand. No, worse than sand. Slime, annoying and disturbing.

My family was getting hurt every time I turned around. The people in charge asked me to put the boys in uniforms. This made them the target of many fights. Some were beaten and one even thrown over a railing. He broke bones. No matter what protection I tried it was never enough. Our cameras were getting hacked, our phones useless. A car was even stolen! No where was safe anymore. Even their homes were horrid.

Victor's parents were pushing harder than ever before but while I was trying to keep the team safe I let my duties as his manager slip. His father took advantage of my distraction and ran Victor into the ground. We were also trying to get Gabriel out of his house. Everything was getting dangerous and no one knew what to do. I was too slow and Gabriel ended up in the hospital. All of us were so distracted by the mission and then Victor and Gabriel's blood relations we missed that Sean was working himself to death. Then when Nathan's father made an appearance everything spiraled further out of control.

In our-my- distraction I missed the two l main problems making a move. One of them slipped out of the country while the other was able to corner one of my family members. Only one of us got the distress signal but by that point damage was done. North couldn't handle the pain that went with everything and he didn't trust any of us except Silas. They were the first to split off.

This caused Luke to spin out of control. Gabriel was healing still so him and- him and Sean got very close. Once Gabriel got out of the hospital they hunted down Luke together. I was still trying to find the main suspect in our missions problems. Family first is the rule and I didn't do that. Family never was my strongest suit.

Once Gabriel and Sean found Luke they disappeared. No one could find them. I was a wreck and the remaining members of my team, my family, blamed me. I let them leave, I wasn't paying close enough attention. Many things occurred in a very short time span. I don't blame them for leaving me. I deserved it. I was supposed to be team lead. I was supposed to protect them and I didn't.

Present

I haven't spoken to any of them since. Well, I guess that isn't entirely true. Sean did come by my house just after they formed a team away from me. He needed the rest of his stuff. We had lived together for a few years until my life fell apart. After Sean left that night I drank until I blacked out. I was losing everything and there wasn't anything I could do.

It was just like when I was a child. Only this time it really was my fault.

This family was the only one I had. The only one I knew. After I received word that the last three people standing with me were leaving as well I lost it. I went on a rampage and destroyed my house. Every memory there burned me to the core. Still does.

Coming out of my memories I meet a pair of brilliant green eyes. I'm not sure when I started speaking or when I stopped but I know that I told her enough. Sang meets my gaze easily, slowly she blinks and moves to stand.

"Thank you, Owen. I want to help all of you." Her sweet voice is almost too much. The burning behind my eyes intensifies and I struggle to keep the tears at bay. My family is-was- everything to me. While they might not consider me family anymore I will always love them. "I hope you know that my help extends to you as well."

I give her a minute and shaky nod to show I understand before standing up myself. I want to explore this room more and find out how she knew of it but right now I couldn't. Right now I needed to go home and have a bit of alone time with my bottle of scotch. Soundlessly I follow Sang back into the abandoned exam room. 

I watch as she slides the bookshelf over the door. Nothing gives away the small retreat. If I wasn't aware of its existence I would never know. Secrets wrapped in mystery. That has always been Sang.

We walk side by side down the hall again until we reach an area where people are beginning to be. Wrapping her tiny hand around my wrist Sang pulls me to a stop. "I'll be in touch, Bubbles. Please don't hesitate to call me." That nickname used to drive me batty but not as much anymore. It's almost sweet. Lifting her hand that's wrapped around my wrist I take it in my own. Looking into her magnificent eyes I place a small kiss on the back to thank her. I have complete faith that Sang will protect my family. Her cheeks flash crimson as I turn and quickly depart. It isn't until I'm in the car that I realize I never said I would.

Oh well. I would have hated to lie.