Bubbles

Forgive the formatting. I wrote this on my phone because my computer went to shit. I hope you enjoy. Loves!

Sang

*Call*

Unknown: Lemons

Sang: Toes

Unknown: Who is this?

Sang: Take a guess Bubbles. I'm calling in my favour.

Unknown: *sigh* I really wish you wouldn't call me thay anymore. What are we talking?

Sang: Meet me at the hospital tonight. 8 p.m. and never gonna happen.

Unknown: I'll see you tonight.

*End Call*

       Two days after I helped the Toma team I set things up for the next week with the Taylor team. Before I work with them though I might have a way to speed up this mission. Someone who knows a lot about what happened between them happens to owe me a favour. Some days it's a good thing to know many others not so much. Today I got lucky.

      I worked with him on a mission when I first joined the Academy. If it wasn't for how much the Academy is against Birds and Dogs working together we might have been a team. He infuriates me to no end but we work well together. Not to mention I know the stick in the mud is actually a big softie. I haven't seen him in years but that's going to change tonight.

At fourteen I was brought in to the Academy and I've been here ever since. Seven years. To think it's been four since I worked with my contact. We stayed in touch for about a year after that but... well such is the life of Academy members. Neither of us ever stood still long enough to properly catch up so we lost touch. He still knows me though and I him.

    I make my way to the hospital around five so that I have time to stop in at my haven. Slipping through the halls I quickly make my way to the attic space I’ve claimed as my own. Sitting in the window I watch everyone move about down below as my mind drifts to when I met Bubbles.

Four years ago

       Phil sent me on a mission helping a dog team. I'll only have to deal with one of them which is good. At seventeen I'm still not a huge fan of dealing with groups. I can if it's for work I just don't want to.

       I arrived to the meeting point an hour early to scope everything out. I was only waiting about thirty minutes before the dog showed up. After he introduced himself we sat in silence watching everyone around us.

       His crisp suit and tie fit him well as did the icy expression. He looks way too serious for what we're about to do. Standing from the bench I bounce in place to get in character. Happy think happy. Plastering a convincing smile on my face I turn and face Mr. Icy again.

      "We need to look happy and you look like you'd rather brush your teeth with toilet water." The edges of his lips quirk up a fraction of a degree. I watch closely as he pushes up his glasses and shrugs. The boy doesn't really talk much. Shaking out my limbs I roll my eyes. Men.

      Grabbing his wrists I haul him into a standing position. Tilting my head I consider his stupid good looks before messing up his perfect hair. "What do you think you're doing?" Without answering I loosen his tie and make it a bit crooked as well as start to remove his jacket. Before I can his pale fingers wrap around my own. "What. Are. You. Doing?"

"You need to look more relaxed. Think of something happy. Bubbles. Bubbles are happy."

"I hate bubbles."

       My jaw drops. How can you hate bubbles? Who hates bubbles? He rolls his steely eyes at me before removing his jacket himself. We finished the mission easily and he actually smiled. It was a wacky look. Made his perfect face soft. We made plans to meet up the next week but I couldn't let the bubbles thing go. Mr. Icy was now Bubbles until he admitted to liking them.

Now

Around 7:30 I made my way down from my hide out. Grabbing a coffee and slice of pie from the cafeteria I take a seat. A familiar mop of curly blonde hair pops up beside me. "You came back!" His green eyes are shining and brilliant. Though the deep circles underneath them distract me slightly.

      "I'm here a lot Sean." He nods solemnly before eyeing my pie. Sean looks like he could use it so I just pass it over. My stomach isn't doing so great right now anyway. This mission might kill me. The stress and pressure are insane. Plus meeting up with Bubbles tonight will be interesting after our last meeting.

      Taking a long pull from my coffee I fortify my mental walls. I have to keep up with the calm strength so that no one figures out how much this mission is affecting me. While Sean scarfs down the pie I watch everyone else. "How are you Sean?"

      He pauses to look at me before shrugging and placing another bite of pie in his mouth. "I'm good. Great. Terrific." Lies. He really shouldn't lie as its not very good. I don't have to energy to push the point right now though so I just raise my eye brow and take another drink of my coffee. "Thank you for the pie but I am a doctor and must go do doctor things. Come see me soon!"

      Before I can say anything else he's bounding away. Oh well. Sean is a problem for another day. Just as I finish my coffee a cool, perfect voice rubs down my back. "Ms. Sorenson." I meet his grey eyes with a smirk in place. Let the games begin Bubbles. Let the games begin.