Could It Be?

Let me know what you guys think of Lynus! He's kind of like a smole muffin cinnamon roll thing and just yes. I hope you enjoy. Loves!!

Sang

Weapons: check. Cameras: check. Recording device: check. Blueprints and layout: check. Am I missing anything? I don't think so, everything is in order and my emergency phone is with me. As I mull over everything in my head again and go through my list I take stock of my weapons. Five stars, two switchblades, a taser, pepper spray two guns and then a needle blade. Combined with my steel toed boots I think I should be able to handle this if it is an ambush.

Maybe I should tell Phil. Nah! He'd freak and not let me go. What he doesn't know won't get me a lecture. On top of that he just doesn't get it. I need to figure this out and Phil seems to think it's no big deal. Wrong! Very big deal. Epically large deal. This can literally change my life. I want to know.

It's only 17:00 but I'm already out at the harbour. I want to be here before this Lynus character gets here. No one seems to be acting out of the ordinary but if this guy is Academy he wouldn't. With only five minutes until the meeting time I start wandering around. Scanning everywhere I'm pleasantly surprised that there doesn't seem to be anything bad. Yet.

A thin, wiry man approaches me with what looks like a bouquet of paper flowers. "Would you care to purchase a flower today?" I look him up and down noting the small bulge on his hip. A gun? His eyes glint with something familiar. The smooth cool green of his eyes paired with wind blown black hair pull at something in my memory.

"Nutmeg"

"Balloon"

"Lynus?"

"In the flesh."

"What is this information you believe I need?"

"Follow me and I can show you."

Look I know following a random guy doesn't sound the smartest but he's Academy. Trust the Academy. I warily follow him to a picnic area about 50 meters away from where most people are. There is another man sitting there when we approach.

"Sang Sorenson. Ghost bird extraordinaire. Saves many and asks for little in return. You have an impressive resume Birdy." I take in the man who spoke. His strawberry blonde hair flops lightly on his forehead. He looks to be around fifty with a few graying wisps present on his head. He isn't leering, only studying me in a way that looks a little confused.

"How do you know all of that?"

"Before we get into this. Thank you Lynus you may go now." Lynus heads out with a small nod and smiles my way. Alright, what the fuck is going on. My hand grips the handle of the needle blade I have up my sleeve while my other slowly inches towards the gun at my waist. My eyes never leave the man sitting across from me.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Liam Marcus. I'm from the Anderson team." A lightbulb goes off in my head. The Anderson team, I've worked with Henry Anderson a couple different times. They're a unique team in that they have a single bird with them. From what I understand they all love her and she loves them. I look over Liam with a new view point.

"Why did you use Lynus to call me? Why not have someone on your team or even yourself do so? I've worked with your team before." Liam's face brightens slightly as he lets out a small chuckle. He shakes his head and pulls out a file.

"I had Lynus call you because not all of my team is aware of the information I'm about to give you. Now you'll have to do some digging of your own to verify this information. If you find it to be true though I ask that you get ahold of Lynus to contact me. Before you act on the information preferably." I hesitantly grab the file he placed on the table. I'm so confused. This can't be about her can it? It doesn't make sense that he would know anything about my secret mission.

Flipping the folder open I gasp quietly. A picture stares back at me. It looks so much like me it's insane. Who is this? When I look back up Liam has a knowing look on his face. "I truly believe that this information will benefit you Birdy." I nod my head to him and snap the file closed. I'll look at this at home.

"Thank you. I'll get a hold of Lynus with my results. May I ask how he is involved here?"

"Let's just call him a concerned party for now." With that he leaves. I sit at the picnic table for a couple more minutes to digest this new information. Is it possible I could find her? Is it possible that Liam knows her or at least of her? Am I about to find my mother?

Lynus

She looks so much like the pictures of Mom. Is there any way that this is her? Is Sang the person we've been looking for? I watch her and Uncle Liam talking from a distance away. When she looks at the picture I know to be in the file shock is clear on her face.

Liam's eyes flick to me quickly before Sang looks up. Oops! After another moment or so he stands to leave, making his way over to me. My face flushes red from being caught. Damn. I just want to know if it's her! Can it be? Do I want it to be? "Lynus."

"Er, yes?" I don't look up from my shoe digging the toe into the dry dirt. I know I shouldn't have been watching but she looks so similar! Her eyes especially. They look like mine and Aunt Lily's just with small differences. Sang's look harder, colder, like she's been hurt too many times. It made me want to wrap her in my arms and not let her go. If she is who we think then that's something I should have been doing for a long time now.

"I know son. I saw it too. Let's go let Henry know. Make sure to keep your phone on. I have a feeling Sang won't take long to look into this information. I'd be surprised if you didn't have a call within a week about either her having an answer or needing help." He grasps my shoulder lightly and gives it a comforting squeeze. "If it is her she's about to get the best brother anyone can ask for."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."