Shadows

I'm sorry I haven't posted here for a bit but well life. Everything kind of went to shit and when I finally fixed it a little I couldn't seem to write for this story. I hope this chapter makes up for it a bit. Loves!!

Sang

Phil watched me the entire time Dr. Green was collecting the cheek swabs and hair samples for a DNA comparison. While Lynus was being taken care of I motioned for him to come with me into the hall. His eyes looked a little apprehensive of me.

Once we got into the hall I turned to face him. "You lied to me." Phil just nods with a resigned look in his eyes. "I want to be mad at you." His head starts to droop just a little. "I can't though. You only did as asked of you to protect another family. Possibly my family." His eyes flash brightly. "So, I guess what I'm saying is thank you."

Phil chuckles lightly before wrapping me in a side hug. "Sang, I will always do what I can for you." I automatically tense at his touch and have to work to untense. It only takes ten seconds this time. Much better than it used to be. I used to freak out completely. Phil removes his arm quickly and smiles at me warmly. "I'm here for you no matter what Little One."

With that we both head back into the exam room. Dr. Green is chatting amicably with everyone while wrapping up all of the samples. "Okay so I can put a rush on this if it's needed but it'll still be a few hours. If you want to leave we can always call you back. We'll be able to get a better idea if we do the longer test." I lock eyes with Lynus. He just nods his head to me.

"Dr. Green I want the quick test. Also make sure that any DNA gets destroyed afterwards. I can't risk anything." Dr. Green's eyes flash to me and a spark of something flares inside. He looks between Lynus and I before glancing at Phil. With a nod of his head Dr. Green marks which test to run on his clipboard.

"As you wish, gorgeous." My eyes roll automatically at the obvious flirt. He sends me a blinding smile before facing everyone else. "So, should I call or will you all be here?" Lynus, Henry and Liam all look to each other. They must convey some message because Henry says that they'll be leaving.

When everyone turns to me I pretend to deliberate. I need to speak to the young doctor. "I'll be staying." Phil winks my way when Dr. Green turns around while the men who came with me look a little confused. When everyone moves to leave I nod to both Henry and Liam while stopping Lynus. "No matter what this says I would like to still talk to you. At the very least we're cousins." His smile picks up a notch and brightens his face.

"I'd like that."

After the Andersons have left, Phil looks between Dr. Green and I with a sly grin on his face. "Well, I'll just be going now. Sang you know where to find me if needed. Dr. Green please don't forget to take lunch." Dr. Green's face flushes slightly while he nods his head. A nurse comes in and collects the samples from Dr. Green as Phil exits the room.

"I do believe I was just told to take a break."

"It sounded that way to me too."

"Would you care to join me for some lunch? The food is good and you have a few hours until the results come in."

Perfect. "I think I can manage that."

His grin looks bright and happy as he bows dramatically towards me. "After you." I can't help but giggle slightly at his antics. "Oh Pumpkin, that is a dangerous sound indeed." What? A giggle? I don't get it. The confusion must be evident on my face because he chuckles lightly.

We quietly make our way to the cafeteria passing only a few. Everyone waves and smiles at the doctor while most give me fearful looks. I'm aware of my reputation but I didn't think it was that bad. I guess I was wrong. Oh well, who needs friends anyway. We finally make it and the smells are amazing. I didn't realize how hungry I was until now.