3. Tre

𝑭𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒑

𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑒𝑠𝑠, 𝑠𝑜 𝑤𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡

𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑜

𝑊ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠

𝐼𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑢𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢

"Where is Mr. Bilson." I sweetly ask Helen. She jumped from my voice. Flicking her dirty blonde hair from over her eyes, she did a few swipes on her phone before acknowledging my question. Her dazed green eyes found me as she slipped off the stool, clutching the phone to her chest, hiding the screen of her phone from my view. I couldn't stop myself from hiding my frustration.

"You can't trust these dating apps, Helen. Do you know how many predators are behind these fake profile pictures." I speak gently, touching her shoulder so she doesn't feel like I'm patronizing her. I don't want to make her feel bad, but she is forcing my hand into this. We have discussed her desperation over getting a date before. And now she is hiding things, so I don't end up lecturing her. Perhaps I had been a little too overwhelming, but... I was right. And that balances everything.

"Don't you have a class to teach, Zara." Helen said sharply, fidgeting with her phone not meeting my eyes.

I gasp, dropping my hand from her shoulder, hurt by the coldness in her voice. The coldness I didn't deserve. So this is how it's gonna be. Fine.

"I do. But I can't teach when the other classroom has been running like a carnival." I remark, shaking my head at her. Helen gasped, now coming back to the reality that she had tuned out. She lifted her head to look at the classroom Mr. Bilson was supposed to be in. He obviously hadn't shown up.

"I saw him this morning." Helen implored, looking at me with her wide-eyed. She always looks out for him. Even though he is 12 years older than her at 34. He is handsome in her eyes with his ink-black hair and sparkling blue eyes. Not to me, I don't like his attitude. He doesn't have the personality to pull off the kind of tantrums he throws every now and then. The slightest bit of appreciation I could have for his looks couldn't be registered as he had walked past me shoving my shoulder, making me lose balance and fall during my initial days at this kindergarten.