39. Trentanove

D Day - Dhuaan

D Day - Dhuaan

Mangna nahi bas, dena hai jinki zuban

Loot kar jinhe hamne bandha hai yeh sama

Jo bhooli inhe zameen Jo bhoola yeh aasman

Na kehlayenge hum insan

I sit on the chair scratching the week's worth of beard on my face

I sit on the chair scratching the week's worth of beard on my face. The room was filled with the stench of sweat. Maybe I am the source of it or the man tied to a chair in front of me. This was supposed to be Lorenzo's job but he went awol since last night. I had preferred to make my hands dirty these days anyway. My masterpieces put shame on our best enforcers.

"Do you want me to take care of him.?" And of course, Emiliano joined me. I twist my head to where he is standing and I narrow my eyes at him. Giving me a stiff nod, he took a step back.

The moment I remove the cloth shoved inside the man's mouth, he began to ramble.

"Sorry, please. I won't do it again." He kept talking money from us, without any way to earn it and pay us back. Except if he wins the card games he loves to play in our casinos.

"My that my daughter have a go at her. She is legal ." He said the last sentence as if we would break into a run and fuck his daughter senseless after hearing that.

"Anything else.." I drawl, flipping the knife between my fingers.

"My wife. She is old. But..." My eyes flickered to him again as he was considering his options.

"When was the last time you fucked your own wife?" His mouth parted, baring his crooked teeth. He gaped at me like fish. "Your neighbor will take good care of her. End him." I ordered Emiliano, pushing to my feet ignoring the man's pleas to take his daughter forever. The chair I been sitting on dropped on the ground, it's rattling sound resonated in the empty basement. Followed by a loud thud of that man's body dropping on the floor.

Both my hands were wrapped in bandages and my index finger was in plaster. For the past two weeks, I've worked at the office then dueled at our fighting rings. Until I am close to passing out. Emiliano or Lorenzo take me back home in the half-deranged state.