26. Ventisei

Elley Duhé - Middle of the Night

I summoned you, please come to me

Don't bury thoughts that you really want

I fill you up, drink from my cup

Within me lies what you really want

Against my wishes, I was ambling toward the Royal Auditorium

Against my wishes, I was ambling toward the Royal Auditorium. Dressed in a cotton white shirt and dark jeans. The security on the back door gave me a look over my casual clothes but that quickly turned into terror when he saw my face. It was a total ego booster for me to get recognized by a mere security guard, I flick my fingers at him to get lost before I loose my good mood.

The place was grand for a Christmas celebration for kindergarten, before the Christmas break starting tomorrow. The auditorium is mostly booked for ballet performances on Romeo and Juliet, not this shit. But Zara had given me a long speech about the debacle of last year's program, something about the lack of space and costume and other shit I had tuned out. In a gist, she wanted the entire family of the midgets to be present here, thus the rows of cars.

I'd simply handed Maximus a black American Express and a free hand to Zara. She ended up booking the auditorium, invited all the parents, and made sure every lazy shit got a part in the show. The biggest mockery of them all, our mayor was the guest of honor. And we had double the number of applicants for the next academic session than the seats we had. I had laughed off when Remo told me the news through Maximus. But fuck, in a few years Beyonce will be performing here. And we will soon be acquiring the land as well. All of this under the nose of law.

I had loathed the idea of taking over the school and had thought of Zara as my latest conquest. I laugh at my past self now.

I spotted Zara backstage, out of everyone's view. She was wearing a silver floor-length silk dress. The front looked like a modernized corset. I had heard her argue with Helen on the phone calling it inappropriate because of its deep back. But fuck, she looks hot as hell in everything. This dress is just complimenting her features more.