29. Ventinove

"Please don't, Zara

"Please don't, Zara. Tell me. You said you trusted me, yes." I plead. She smiled, pecking my nose.

"After that night, they began to give me that weird look for weeks. I couldn't take it anymore. So I discussed that with my two other friends and instead of commenting on the burning issue. They began to gush on the fact that Noah and I were not blood-related." She laughed humorlessly.

My body became rigid with tension. Noah Sinclair's name had come up a few times while I was flipping through the pages, I didn't pay any mind to it as he had the same surname.

"Noah was very protective of me. No boy dared to talk to me or say something about me." She smiled bitterly.

Motherfucker. I know where this is going. And I can't fucking do anything about it.

"In our school's grad dance, he took me with him. I was his date. It was normal for us. He had so many girls in his life that he didn't want any of them to get any ideas. And I never got a fair chance to talk to any guy Noah hadn't approved. So I didn't have any date either."

"As the Captain, he was invited to give a speech about his team's latest victory. He gave his arrogant speech, then called me on stage. I was appalled. My friends literally pushed me to join him there. When I reached, Noah tugged on my hand, swirled my body low in his arms, and kissed me." her body went through a violent shudder, her vision becoming distant momentarily until I held her wrist to snap her back.

"I was mortified. I couldn't move... I let him kiss me. Then hollers and cheers erupted... they were registering in like someone was pushing me in and out of hot water. He broke the kiss and begin with his speech about us being together as boyfriend and girlfriend now until we were dragged off stage by our principal. My friends were lauding Noah and I. Apparently, they were the ones who had spread the word, the madness continued the whole night. Nobody paid attention that I hadn't spoken a word." Tears pool in her eyes. Her entire body had gone cold, even after being in my embrace and covered in a quilt. I placed a kiss on her temple, rubbing her back as she continued.

"Noah took me home, then gave me a goodbye kiss. My mind had wandered off far away to even register it. During the holiday, I went to Europe with my parents where they were supposed to have back-to-back surgeries. I chose to stay with them because my other option was to stay with Noah's parents. I had spent a lot of time there with them, with Noah, when my parents had to go out for work."

"During the holiday, I got out of the initial shock and talked with my parents that I don't want to talk about my birth mother. When the holiday ended, everything changed. The first day back to school. Noah pulled me to a storage unit, everyone was watching and cheering for the latest 'it' couple. Noah began to kiss me... grope me. I had promised myself to push him back, Gian." She whimpered, her head hung low in shame and defeat. I hugged her to my chest, but her pain was too deep to get soothed by my touch. I was cursing at my incompetence to calm her with my words.