8. 𝓞𝓽𝓽𝓸

Next day, I finished my work early and waited outside Pumpkin Patch for Zara to come out

Next day, I finished my work early and waited outside Pumpkin Patch for Zara to come out. I look at my reflection on the front camera of my phone. Not satisfied, I play with my hair and let them fall on my forehead. The last troop of nippers came out. I took a long breath. As I had suspected, she came last, talking to Max, who was blushing like a bitch. His cheeks were tinged the same pink as Zara's dress. I crack my neck, feeling a zing of anger surge through my veins. Zara didn't show any signs of any infatuation. But Max was smitten, he stiffened when he saw my car parked outside but not me as I was hidden properly. He cut the chit chat short and rushed to his car.

I closed the distance between us and reached out to Zara with long strides. She was slightly startled to see me, "Mr Armani.." She breathed in her silky voice. She gave me a shy smile, tucking her hair behind her ear. The long drop earring she wore twinkled under the sunlight.

I beckon her to walk before me. "Gian..." I said as I continued to walk with her, "Call me, Gian." I prodded.

She ponders her answer, "But now you are an employee... I mean, I work for you. I am an employee for you. So I should call you with the official term." She bobs her chin with determination as I followed her. She can call me sir, if she wants. But I left that for later.

"I own a lot of properties in California. Especially here in San Diego. Not everyone calls me Mr. Armani." I smirk, anticipating her response to my wealth. This is the third time I am meeting her, this time in casual jeans, tee and jacket. She can speak Armani, so she is obviously aware of my status.

"Do you ask all of them to call you, Gian." She quizzes with a slight frown, like she doesn't entertain the idea of any of my employees calling me by my first name. Shouldn't she be happy that I am filthy rich with a heart of fucking gold, treat my employees like equals.

I clear my throat, ignoring my deflating ego. "Some of them do." Like Lorenzo, Emiliano, Soto and Remo. They are my best buddies. We kill and torture together. Remo guides us through the phone, Soto breaks the door, Lorenzo lays the plastic sheets, Emiliano takes care of the women if needed and together, we torture our prey.

I clear my throat, giving her my pantie dropping smile. Her gaze moves to look at me again, a slight blush appeared in her cheeks. She likes what she is seeing. I am aware of my looks, but her reluctance to get to know me better had made me a slightly insecure.

I remove my jacket and drape it over my forearm. I had noticed the flicker of desire in her eyes when she had seen my biceps flex the other time. As expected, Zara blatantly ogled at me. It was only when I couldn't flatten the creases on my jacket anymore I dropped my arm.

She snapped her head forward. I push my hand in my pocket to fight the urge to feel the warmth spreading in her cheek. She untucked her hair, to curtain the view to her blushing cheeks. She cleared her throat, "What um.. What are you doing here, Mr Armani?" She says, moving her gaze to the shops on either side of us.