51. Cinquant­uno

4 days ago

4 days ago

"What the fuck are you doing in Zara's house.?" I roared at Shaina, seething in anger.

"I needed a place to hide." She whimpered against my hold, clutching her knees to her chest.

"So you chose Zara's house.?" I ask candidly, arching my brow in mock suspicion as if she would fucking believe that I wouldn't find her here.

"Yes, Gian. Because I wanted you to find me. I thought I could use her help but she wasn't here." She cried, wincing. I tugged on her hair harder, thinking of the possibilities if my Principessa had been here. Zara would have jumped in to help her with all her might. I released her hair with a shove, she crawled back rubbing the scalp that must be burning in pain.

But Emiliano reached over, pulling her by the collar of Zara's dress Shaina had been wearing.

"Start speaking, Shaina. I don't have any patience left." Emiliano grumbled.

Shaina's red puffy eyes held a challenge for him to try to hurt her. But to our surprise, Emiliano took a step back folding his hand behind himself. For the first time caging himself, stepping back from violence.

"Let me start from the beginning as Lorenzo had told me..." Shaina said, wiping her tears. Standing tall, I inclined my head to give her the chance to defend herself.

"Lorenzo was tailing you..." She pointed at me. "you were going to meet Zara after school. He wanted to take some pictures of you to prove to others that you were whipped."

"Your eyes were hooked on Zara. But that teacher Aaron Bilson spotted you It wasn't common for a kindergarten teacher to spot where you had been hiding. Lorenzo said that Bilson kept an eye on you from his car until you disappeared from his sight running after Zara."

"Lorenzo decided to follow him. Bilson directly drove to the la debauch..."

I remember the day when I went to Zara's house. Lorenzo had been calling me but I couldn't receive it on time. And when I did...

"Then why didn't he tell me.? When I asked he gave me some other reason."

"That's because when he was trying to reach out to you, he saw Bilson talking to his father, Biachi." My muscles tensed, my jaw quenched hard quickly putting plus two together. It made fucking sense.

"Then what.?" I growled.

"He made it his own one-man mission to take them down with proof..."

"He could have asked for our help.?" Emiliano said suspiciously.

"As if Alesandro Armani would have let you kill his soulmate Piero Bianchi." Shaina said smugly, giving him a once-over.

"Lorenzo kept his watch on them. But couldn't come up with solid proof. It was always someone in the lower ranks that Bilson had met after. But he had been discreet. Then he took my help."