34. Trentaquattro

Taylor Swift - willow

Wait for the signal and I'll meet you after dark

Show me the places where the others gave you scars

Now this is an open-shut case

Guess I should've known from the look on your face

Every bait and switch was a work of art

Days passed, then it came the time of my birthday

Days passed, then it came the time of my birthday. I never brought the topic between. And it was beginning to irk me. When Gian will realize later that my birthday had come and gone, and I didn't tell him about it. Then it would be wrong. And if I do, it will look like I've been seeking attention.

Gian was showering in the bathroom, so instead of cherishing the climax, he gave me. I was contemplating how to tell him. My phone rang, it was Helen. A low groan escaped from my mouth and against my wish, I received the call.

"Hey, Zara. How's it going." She asked her tone sounding extra chipper.

Last year when we were talking about ourselves, she told me she will never forget my birthday. Is that what this is about.?

"Um... Okay." I say with uncertainty.

"So we are throwing a party. Everyone from school is coming. You should too."

"You sure their New Year will be happy after seeing my face." I rolled my eyes, my tone being completely dispassionate.

"Don't be silly, Zara. They don't-" She trailed off. "Okay, but I am the host and I'll throw them out if they turn hostile towards you."

"I never doubted your hospitality skills." I tease, flipping my position on the bed, playing with my hair.

"Shut up now, Zara. You are coming that's it."

"I could have made another plan, you know. There's not much time before the clock moves to 12." I tell, there is still time but duh...

"I didn't have the reception and we just landed. Cut me some slack here."