12. Dodici

Two weeks passed by and I didn't bother to check with Zara

Two weeks passed by and I didn't bother to check with Zara. Soto or Lorenzo still stay outside her house even though Remo had corrupted Zara's security system and gave her a new one of his company with the codes we know. Nobody teased me about my temporary obsession, which was unexpected of them.

Truth is, the peck I gave her on the small of her cheek, still weighs on my heart. I had tried to fuck the socialites but couldn't. One threat of taking them without protection and they ran.

I drop my head back and drape my hands over the plush chesterfield couch. Watching the silver crystal tassels shine bright against the sheer white curtains. As the barely covered asses danced around me. I close my eyes when one of them came closer, trying to tune them out and the mess around me. But Lorenzo's constant hollers and Matteo's hungry growling, like he has seen a woman for the first time won't allow me. I shot Lorenzo a warning look, he is doing this on purpose.

Matteo flipped his blonde hair away from his face, like a mean girl. This isn't how I had wanted my Friday night to go, I would rather watch Remo's rapid typing than be here. This motherfucker Matteo is the reason I have to be here at my nightclub Bellagio. Matteo is an arms dealer who will be marrying my cousin in a few months' time. Matteo opened the zip of his pants and I hissed. Maria is a fucking bitch but she deserves a better marital life. Her fucking all of her father's bodyguard will work in her favor after marriage.

Vinnie, a made man stopped him from taking his shitshow too far. The strippers today are just for the lap dance. Matteo began to shout over the loud music. I walk over to the glass wall and look down at the sea of people.

The floor below is the VIP lounge, booked for a bridal shower today and this one is strictly for famiglia business with soundproof walls. Neon lights dance across the floor, the young crowd ground into each and the DJ with fake dreadlocks roared to encourage them to scream louder and burst their vocal cords.

I shake my head in disbelief as their mouth parted wide to hoot, how could someone enjoy this. My gaze flitted over the sea of intoxicated youngsters, forgetting all their problems for one night. It will hit them tomorrow morning with a pounding headache. My drifting gaze stopped on the girl who did not belong here among the crowd. She looked like the only sober girl, not swaying an inch to the music.

She was wearing a strappy silk top, that hugged her chest and a silver pleated skirt that draped over her calves as she sat cross-legged on the bar stool. The golden strip lights on the bar and occasional neon waves illuminated her angelic features. Her hair was put in a messy bun over her head. The wavy tendrils framing her face stopped just above the swell of her breasts. I couldn't see her slender neck from up here. I felt the sudden craving to climb down the stairs, one last meeting wouldn't hurt.

Moments later some asshole with a short ponytail over his head perched on the barstool beside her. Zara didn't even glance at him. Her gaze was trained on the crowd as though the following someone. I felt a pang on my chest, Is she here with someone.?