7. 𝓢𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮

𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒂 𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒐 - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒖𝒏

𝐼 𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑣𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒, 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠

𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑖𝑚 𝑓𝑜𝑟

𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑛

Zara ran away from me, not before I noticed the moisture gathering in her eyes

Zara ran away from me, not before I noticed the moisture gathering in her eyes. There was no grace in her walk today, no fierceness in her voice. I let her go, for now. So I can understand why she is crying. Maybe she is feeling bad for Garcia since her whole demeanour changed after hearing it. I frown watching her disappear into the corner. Do people like her still exist? So far she has been nothing but a graceful girl who speaks her mind, gels well with little kids and can't stand anything wrong around her. Could it be just an act.?

Max jumped from his seat when I entered the office. He had set up nicely for someone who had just arrived half an hour ago. The internet here was faster than my million dollar penthouse. I have made my own set-up in one of the empty spaces for making some Zoom calls. I worked in the office for some time. I didn't have any meetings today in person. Or so I had convinced myself into thinking so I could lurk in here.

During the lunch break, the whole aroma smelt sugary, my nose scrunched in disgust. This is why the kids are always high. Sugar and kids are like cocaine and alcohol together.

I found myself walking towards the teacher's lounge. They looked fucking ecstatic enjoying the new coffee machine, microwave and vending machine, the things Zara had complained about. And better lunch at the cafeteria. She had written emails for that over and over, religiously even when they were not getting any response. Even when she had been only volunteering here.

The latest one was about the coffee machine that was broken by a certain Mr Powell. Zara had ratted him out but also mentioned that it only works when it was punched and one time Mr Powell had hit it too hard.