Episode VIII (Force Awakens)Cracks

Recommended Song(s): Self Care by Penelope Scott

"A little girl probably afraid of her own shadow."

The words kept on repeating over and over again in my mind, and it was driving me mad. I know I have heard those words before but I just don't know where.....
I feel like I'll never know.

'Just breath. You'll be fine.'
'It doesn't feel like it.'
'You'll be fine Eclypse.'

"My Lady, you called for me?" General Saxe started as she entered the room. The throne room was large and surprisingly bright inside because of the windows behind the throne with me sitting upon it, proud and elegant in everything, all the way from my pressed and curled dark hair falling over my shoulders down to my shined black boots.
"Ah, General, I did." I said as I stood up. I hate hearing my voice without my mask. It makes me feel out of place.

"Now, what have you called me here to discuss, Your Imperial Majesty?" She bowed before me.
"Has there been any contact from the soldiers on Jakku?" I asked, pacing back and forth in front of my black throne. Saxe had a look of uncertainty and she hesitated to answer, the snow falling in the window casting moving shadows over her and the floor.
"Well," she gulped. "They found the droid... but it escaped... with a local scavenger girl and an ex stormtrooper and they have not been located since yesterday."
I stopped pacing and clenched my gloved fist as hard as possible.

"The droid escaped? With a scavenger girl... and an ex stormtrooper?" I asked, trying hard to control my temper. "Contact all of our allies and tell them to keep an eye out for an orange and white BB unit. And if any of them say anything about the droid, come tell me immediately."
Saxe nodded and left.

I sat back down and ran a hand through my hair while sighing deeply.
"If I don't find that droid before the First Order, I swear... I will fly down and get the damned droid from Ren myself." I said to myself.

"Now, I don't think that would be a very good idea." I heard a voice scoff.

My head jolted up and I saw no one but I was still suspicious. That sounded like... No, it couldn't be. That bastard can't have snuck in here.
I snapped my fingers and once the soldiers guarding the throne room shut the doors to the entrance, I was alone.
Or maybe not...

I ignited my saber and looked around. "I know you are here." I called out.
"Show yourself, Ren, come on out." I teased.

I felt a presence behind me and I quickly turned around. "What do you want?" I hissed, pointing my lightsaber at Kylo Ren. I could sense him glaring at me from behind his helmet. I personally have never seen him without it, and I never plan to. Why should I see the face of a man who I long to kill? "I simply want to know what you know." Ren remarked, walking closer to me.
"And if you won't give it to me..... Then I will have to be forceful. Now, you wouldn't want that, would you, Nova?" He raised a gloved hand to hold up my chin. I turned my head to the side, thrusting his hold away from me.

"And why would I give information to you, Ren? I'm your main enemy. A Sith. The Empress to the Empire you are against. And even if you get forceful, I can be forceful too." I said my voice laced with sass and resentment.
"Good point, but you don't know if my power in the Force is stronger than yours." He said, holding up his index finger.

"And you don't know if I'm more powerful than you in the Force, Kylo Ren," I said, frowning. "For all you know, I could come to Starkiller Base right now, with no soldiers, and eliminate your entire fleet... including you."

"You could, " Ren agreed. "But not a single person in the Galaxy... Can see through the cracks of your mask as I do, Empress Nova." His voice, the way he said my title, my name... made me shiver but I hid it because I didn't want him to know he got to me. He's been getting to me a lot lately.
And with those last words, he disappeared like a force ghost.