Episode XXIIII (Rise of Skywalker) Submit

Recommended Song(s): House Of Cards by BTS

Days after TLJ:
25 days/three weeks and four days

"Commander?" I heard behind me. I turned around to a tired-looking General Saxe. "Yes, General?" I asked.
"There is a meeting later this evening." She said. "The Supreme Leader requests your presence there."
I sighed. "Tell him that I will be there."
Saxe nodded and went off, and out of the command deck. Everyone has been tired through the days, trying to figure out what we are going to do about The Resistance. They disappeared into thin air. And it's all thanks to Skywalker. He was the one who distracted Ren and I when we were supposed to be advancing on the Resistance. But, I don't want to go to this damn meeting I've been told to go to. We've been having a lot of them the past few days and I hate it. I have absolutely no say in anything. Every time I try to speak up about something I do or don't agree with, they always shut me up. I do not even know why The Supreme Leader even insists on me coming.

It's like I'm..... worthless.

My self-esteem has really gone down over the weeks. And not just because of my new scars(Yes. Almost everyone on the Steadfast has seen them. And I have to wear a patch to cover my right eye so that's another thing that's pissing me off), I'm a woman who is confident in everything she does, will stand up to anyone, and gets what she wants. It's not like me to submit to someone.
Especially to a man.
"Oh, what is wrong with me?" I asked myself quietly, as I too excited the command deck.

'There's nothing wrong with you, Stargazer....'
'Oh, hello Daddy.....'
'Hello, Love...... I just want you to know that you are loved..... even if you can't love yourself or others.....'

I grinned slightly.
"Thank you, Daddy...." I whispered.

****~**~****

I sat with my hand on my chin, staring off into nothing as General Hux talked about whatever. I mean, yes, I care about what he is saying because it could really benefit the First Order but at the same time, I really don't give a damn. Because if I'm not allowed to put in a vote for Senate, why should I try mailing in my ticket?

"Commander, are you paying attention?" Kylo Ren, The Supreme Leader asked. His voice was tight and monotone.
I looked up, blinking rapidly, and sighed. "Actually, Supreme Leader, Sir..... no. I'm not."
His eyes narrowed at me.
"And why, might I ask?" Ren inquired now with a slight hint of anger in his voice.

I stood abruptly from my seat, my arms bracing me up on the table. The other Officers looked to me with surprise that I would stand up to him like this.
But what they don't know is that I don't care how intimidating he looks.

I've looked worse.

"Why would I pay attention when I have no say in anything?" I demanded. "You know, why should I even be here? You obviously don't care about what I have to put in, so I'm going to leave while you settle things without me. How does that sound?" I added then smiled sweetly at Kylo.
My heels clicked as I walked out of the meeting room and slammed the door behind me.

That meeting was something.
I thought to myself after leaving the board room.
I can't believe Saxe convinced me to attend it, well.... it was necessary to go to it to review plans... And Ren was a bit tense when I snapped out of my thoughts... but, it wasn't MY fault that basically the only female 'Supreme Leader', or Empress, now Commander, doesn't even get to have say in this whole mess. Ugh.

I walked down the hall to possibly deal with Saxe myself when I heard footsteps coming close behind me.
"Go away from me, Hux." I hissed, already knowing who it was.
"Don't use that kind of tone with me, Commander." Hux replied, walking swiftly in front of me to block my path. He held his hands behind his back, posture perfect but expression bitter. "What you did in the Board Room was unacceptable. Disrespecting the Supreme Leader? And walking out in a very important meeting? You need to get your act together, Nova."