Episode XXXVII (Rise Of Skywalker)Respect

Recommended Song(s): Ain't Sh*t by Doja Cat

310/Ten months

I groaned as I fell to the ground and powered off my saber in the process.
"You're getting better!" I marveled, looking up at my Apprentice. Alanya retracted her stunt and grinned brightly. "Thank you, Master." she replied as she held out a hand and pulled me back to my feet. "I try to practice in my Quarters every night so I don't have to wait until training to get better."

"That's the spirit but remember that sleep is important." I said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You are dismissed."
Alanya nodded and left the training room. I sighed. I was just really listless and I was itching to leave. The Supreme Leader isn't going to let me leave here anytime soon though, he won't even let me go anywhere out of his sight without his permission anymore.

I'll figure out something.....
I thought as I opened the door.
When I closed it behind me I noticed that a certain Kaitlin Saxe was walking down the hallway. "Saxe!" I called after her as I ran to catch up to her. "Ah, Nova, what a pleasure!" She replied, grinning from cheek to cheek. "I'm guessing you just finished training with Miss Reed?"

I nodded. "Yes.... So going back to your Quarters?" I added, raising an eyebrow slightly. "Sadly, yes." Kaitlin sighed stopping in her tracks. "I have so much unfinished paperwork it's insane, and I know I need to rest but I just want to leave this damned ship."
I chuckled, placing my hand on her shoulder. "I know exactly how you feel. I've been wanting to get out of this place for months, and Naboo didn't exactly count."

Kaitlin nodded in agreement but then her gray-blue eyes lit up and her lips curved into a smirk. "I have an idea......" She whispered, looking up and down the hallway to make sure no one was listening in on us. "What if we go out tonight? We don't have to tell The Supreme Leader!"
"I don't know, Kaitlin..." I frowned. "What if we get caught and he finds out? You know he'd be furious!"

She scoffed and rolled her eyes playfully, pulling me over to the side. "What he doesn't know, he won't find out; which trust me, he won't. And besides, it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission! So, what do you think?"

She's got a point though, if we're really careful then Ren'll never find out...
But if we're caught then we're both getting punished...
And anyways I need more independence than what Kylo's giving me.

"Alright, let's do it." I said. Kaitlin smiled victoriously. "Great, now let's go to your Quarters so we can dress up, we don't want anyone knowing who we are."

*********

"Ah, here we are!" I heard Kaitlin say to herself. I was currently straightening out my hair and fixing it so my scars wouldn't show in front of the mirror in my washroom. "I think this one's perfect!" She said, coming over to me with a dress. I set down the flat iron and looked back at her, my eyes lighting up but my heart dropping slightly as I realized it.
The dress was beautiful: it was pastel purple and short with short sleeves that reminded me of butterflies, a plunging neckline, and small little lavender flowers embroidered all over it. It was my Mother's dress. I found it in my Father's house in the woods years ago, it was tucked away in a box, most likely never to be seen again. She loved Lavender flowers and had an entire garden of them behind our house on Neeve, it was a miracle that she got them to grow in the snow. And besides playing in the snow, Eyra and I played in her flowers a few times until she caught us and told us that it would hurt the flowers if we did that so to instead help them grow by giving them plenty of water and shade when they needed it.
I only had the dress with me since I didn't want it to be forgotten all over again and I never planned on wearing it in all the years I've had it but it is beautiful, and I think she'd be okay with it if I wore it for just one night.