Episode XXVII (Rise of Skywalker)Walk Away

(sadly I couldn't think of a song for this one😕)

Days after TLJ:
41 days/one month and ten days

I held the bridge of my nose and sighed deeply. It's been two weeks and there still hasn't been any progress with the Troopers. Well, except for some. Phasma and I have been switching out each day. Today is my turn. While working with them, I have realized that they have no respect for people like me. I mean, they all have respect for Phasma of course but none for
me. Apparently to them, I'm a virus.

"Again." I ordered the Troopers. They all raised their blasters and shot them until I held up my hand for them to stop. I walked past each of their targets and checked them to see if they hit it at least close to the middle. Only one got it in the middle.

"JW-1200." I called. A Trooper about a foot shorter than my height walked up to me. "Yes, Commander, Miss." He saluted me. I could sense his fear but surprisingly he hid it very well. "I see you have hit the target. Well, done. I'm impressed."
I could tell he was stunned by what I said but nonetheless, he thanked me and went back to his spot. I heard a few of the others snickering to themselves.
"I hope you all will learn from 1200." I said pacing back and forth in front of them. "Not only does he know how to shot a target but he actually knows how to respect his Commanding Officer as well. 9222, 6375, stop laughing or you will have to learn the hard way." They immediately shut up and stood up straight. I smirked.
"That's better. Now, again."

I quickly moved out of their way as they held up their blasters and shot them.
I raised my eyebrows, astonished at the Troopers' accomplishment.
Each and every one of them hit their targets!
"Wonderful... You are dismissed."
They bowed before leaving the training room.
I sighed, we were finally done for the day.
Finally done after working with six sets of twelve troopers.

'Good Afternoon, Stargazer.'

"Afternoon Daddy!" I said cheerfully despite my tiredness as I leaned on one of the targets.

'How've you been, love? You haven't talked to me in a while.'

"Oh, I'm good! And I haven't been doing much, just a lot of training that's all. And I'm sorry I haven't been talking to you, I'm just really busy these days." I explained.

'That's terrific, Stargazer! I'm glad you're ok...'

I grinned softly.
"And I'm glad that I still get to talk to you, Dad-"

"Who are you talking to?" I heard behind me.
I almost jumped in surprise but I remembered that I'm not supposed to show vulnerability to anyone so I simply turned around. I'm surprised that I didn't sense him at first...

"Oh, um, no one." I said quickly.
Supreme Leader Kylo Ren smirked and walked closer.
"You can tell me, Nova..... I don't bite...."

"Oh, really?" I said, my voice laced with sarcasm. "I could have sworn you did! Or was the night before last just a dream?"

Kylo smirked again and I rolled my eyes at him. "I was talking to myself." I said with a humph. He raised his eyebrow, slightly. "My sense in the Force says something else." He said slowly, drawing out his words, a little bit unsure. I smirked back.

I thought the Great, and Powerful Kylo Ren was never questioning...
I said, keeping my mind open to tease him.

Kylo's face turned a little red as he narrowed his eyes at me, trying to control his anger. That however changed once I walked up to him and gently trailed my fingertips over his shoulders, making sure that I went slowly as I looked up at him innocently. His breath now became slightly shallow in anticipation, leaning down to be closer to me and apparently, he thought to kiss me. I had other plans though. Our lips were so close to touching that I could feel his fresh breath on me. I smirked and chuckled.
"Oh, was my Supreme Leader having a temper tantrum?" I egged on just above a whisper and Kylo didn't answer as his eyes were still on my lips. "I am not telling who I was talking to." I said, backing away and walking over to the exit. He huffed a laugh, most likely disappointed. "Oh, so you were talking to someone." He said finally and I turned around, saying: "I don't have to answer to you!" with a wider smirk than I had before.