Episode XXXIII (Rise Of Skywalker)My Permission

Recommended Song(s): Pompeii by Bastille and Lemons by Brye

95/three months and two days

"Now, my apprentice," I started, pacing back and forth in the training room, Alanya sat on the bench in front of me. "You need to work more with the force then combat so for the next week I will be teaching you Psychometry."
Alanya gulped and nodded as she stood up. "Master Nova, what exactly is Psychometry?" She asked.
"It the ability to touch an object and learn about people or events associated with it." I answered. "I've used it many times for investigations. When you aren't force-sensitive it really difficult to master, but when you are it's a little easier. So, to start you are going to take something from this wall." I gestured at the wall holding all different kinds of weapons.
She walked around the large training room in search of something to use until she took a throwing knife off the wall hook. She then came back over to me holding the sharp weapon in her hand. "First, since you aren't entirely ready to do Psychometry yet, what you are going to do is be aware of your surroundings, not physically, but mentally. So close your eyes, and just breathe." Alanya did exactly as I said and started to inhale and exhale, still clutching the blade.
"Something that has always helped me to be closer to the force is reciting the Sith Code. Would you happen to know it?" I asked.
"Yes, I memorized it not too long ago before I was your student." She answered.
"Okay, then finish after me.

Peace is a lie. There is only?"

"Passion."

"Through Passion, I gain?"

"Strength."

"Through Strength, I gain?"

"Power."

"Through Power, I gain?"

"Victory."

"Through Victory, My chains are broken."

"The Force shall set me free."

"You see, there is something that the Jedi teach is that everyone and everything connected by the force to bring peace. Which in only partially true. We may be connected to and through the force but it is something we can bend. Use for ourselves. Manipulate. As it says in the Sith Code, "Peace is a lie, there is only passion." That's what I need to teach you. How to use the force with your emotions. Nothing else. When I was little I actually wanted to be a Jedi. Memorized the Jedi Code and everything.
It says...
'There is no emotion, there is Peace.
There is no ignorance, there is Knowledge.
There is no passion, there is Serenity.
There is no chaos, there is Harmony.
There is no death, there is the force.'
Do you see the problem with that?"
"Yes Master, they are saying that there is no such thing as one and only the other exists in truth when really you can't have one without the other!" Alanya said.
"Exactly." I praised. "How do you have knowledge without ignorance? H-how do you have peace without emotion? Harmony without Chaos? Certain things can not happen without the other. It's just the way things work in the Universe... You may open your eyes, my apprentice." Her blue-eyed gaze caught mine and she smiled. My lips almost curved into a small grin. Today isn't that much of an optimistic day for me. "I hope you learned something today." I said putting my hands behind my back and going over to the door.

"Yes, Master Nova, I did, thank you." She bowed.
"Just practice connecting with the force and that dagger, and you'll be ready to learn Psychometry in no time."
I opened the door and left.

Training was a little short today, but meaningful. And Alanya's learning. That's all that matters.
I thought as I made my way down the hall, not to my own quarters, but to the launching bay trying to avoid any people. I have something I need to take care of away from the Steadfast.