Episode XIIII (Last Jedi)You cared.

Recommended Song(s): Bury A Friend by Billie Eilish

*Flashback*

"Daddy! Da-ddy l-look!" I ran up to my Daddy pointing to a small spot on my cheek.
"I have a f-f-freckle!"
He chuckled and lifted me into his lap.
"Yes you do!" He said checking my cheek.
"Now I'm-m j-ju-ust like y-you!"
"Indeed you are, my little Stargazer." My daddy replied with loving eyes.

I gazed at myself in the mirror in my quarters.
I look like my father.....
freckles, green eyes, brown skin and all.
Oh, how much I admired him as a child.
He was my world.
I wanted to be just like him.
Now... I don't know what I wanna be.
But I know what I am...
An Empress who has mastered the dark side of the force, but, I never knew where that was going to lead me.
That feeling from Starkiller Base is still sitting in me as a woman is when she's with child.
It's been driving me to insanity.
Yet, the fact that Ben had spared my life was lingering too...
I still wonder why he did it.
He said he had his reasons, so now I want to know them. Why keep the girl you bullied in your youth alive? What reason would you want to?

My projector turned on and Commander Toll, uniform pressed to perfection, and his brown hair combed to the side, came into view.
"Empress Nova, we request your presence for a meeting in an hour." Toll started.
"Saxe, Adika, Salamandra and I have somethings we need to address you with."
I nodded and said: "Of course, Commander."
He bowed and the protector turned off.

'Hi...'
'Hello.'
'I missed you...'
'I missed you too.'
'Why haven't you been talking to me?'
'I have some things on my mind, I'm sorry...'
'No, I understand, you are very busy, and, you need your time.'
'Thank you for understanding...'
'Isn't that what I'm here for? To love and support you no matter what?'

I couldn't answer.
I've done too much to answer that question.

'I love you, Eclypse.'
'I... I love you too.'

I backed up against the wall, and looked up, trying to hold back the hot tears that were swealing in my eyes but I couldn't help it any more. I let out a choked sob, sliding my back down so I could sit and hold my legs close to my chest.
It has been like this for days on end, and it won't stop. I hate this.

But after a few minutes, I sucked it up, put on my coat and headed off to the meeting room.

********

"The First Order did what?!?!" I asked, slamming my gloved hand onto the board room table. I'm surprised that the glass didn't break from the force of the impact but I didn't really care that much right now. What I'm focused on is how insane my enemies sound at the moment.

"The First Order is tracking The Resistance through light-speed." Said Toll. "They destroyed The Resistance base during their evacuation and are tracking them. The Resistance has no clue and is burning fuel."

"How is that even possible?" I asked in disbelief.

"We don't even know ourselves, " Saxe explained. "It's impossible to do. But they've done it."

I sighed.
But then an idea popped into my head.

"What if we catch up to The First Order, " I started. "And wipe both them and The Resistance at the same time? It's killing two birds with one stone. It would end this war once and for all."

"That is a wonderful idea but I'm afraid our army is not as powerful as it used to be, over the years, since after Garcux, our forces they've grown weaker-" Captain Salamandra started but filled with anger I force choked him.

"Are you trying to blame me for how weak we are?" I hissed.
The Captain shook his head vigorously. "N-no, Your Majesty." He choked out.

"If our army isn't powerful enough then there must be something wrong with how you are currently training them. I suggest you fix it if you care about your well being." I continued as he struggled to breathe.
I released him from the force choke and exhaled sharply.

"Adika and Toll, prepare the Revolution to jump to light speed in a few hours. Saxe, supervise over them." I commanded.

The meeting ended and we all set off.

***~***

As I walked down the hallway, I started to think about what Salamandra said.
He was right. We have become weaker over the years.
Maybe that's why we were forced into hiding by the Galactic Empire long before I was even born.

If only you were here Grandfather. You would set things right.
I thought.

"I can feel that you are disturbed."

I turned my head to look all around me.
No one else was in the hallway.
Maybe my ears are deceiving me.

I continued to walk but I heard his voice again, so clear yet dark and... alluring.

"Don't ignore me. You know I'm here."

I kept my head down. I didn't want to look up. Because I knew what I would see.

"Eclypse..."
I ignited my double saber and swung it at Ren but it simply went through him like he was a hologram..... Even though he looked like was really in front of me. I retracted my saber.

"That name... Means nothing to me. I left it behind." I hissed. "Don't ever speak it again."

"As you wish, Empress Nova." Ren replied calmly. The way he said my title disgusted me. It was too sweet, too... How shall I put this? Respectful.

"Then what should I call you, Kylo Ren? Or should I have said Ben Solo?" I then said sassily.

Ren flinched. And I noticed that he now had a scar going across the right side of his face... What happened to him?

"Ben Solo is dead," He started. "He was weak. So I have taken his place."

"Looks like I'm not the only one then." I replied.

"If you didn't shut yourself off from everyone then you wouldn't be." He mumbled to himself.

"Excuse me?"

Ren strode towards me until we were face to face with each other.
"If you opened up more, then you wouldn't be so lonely."

"That's funny, you're giving instructions that you don't even follow yourself." I hissed. "Considering what you did to your father–"

Ren then pushed me up against the wall pinning my hands up. I let out a yelp as his grip grew tighter by each second.
"Don't." He warned. "That man was never my father. He did nothing for me."

"And yet, you were uncertain in killing him." I replied despite the pain. "You cared for him......deep down.
Don't deny it."
Ren glared at me before letting go and turning away in something close to embarrassment.

I smirked as I rubbed my wrist. They had bruises now.

"You cared for your father too."

My smirk faded away.
"I could see it..... in your mind...... Nonetheless, you still killed him, no matter how much you cared." Ren added.

"I did what I had to do to get my power." I remarked. "So, I suggest you don't test me."
He smirked, walking closer and leaning down.
"I can't make any promises." Ren whispered in my ear.

After that, he faded away... thankfully.

If this force bond continues...... Then I'm in terrible trouble.
I thought.