Episode XVI (Last Jedi)Priorities

Recommended Song(s): I Wanna Be Your Slave by Måneskin

Rey's POV

I was twirling my staff swiftly, occasionally almost hitting the bolder but stopping it just in time. That deep dark feeling is still inside of me just waiting for a chance to surface.

What is down in that hole beneath the Island?
I wonder why Master Skywalker cut himself off from the force...
I thought.

There were so many questions in my head then I knew what to do with. I stopped twirling my staff and held it up straight while leaning my head on it.
I glanced down at the lightsaber hilt that was sticking out of my bag on the ground and then back to my staff.
After looking back and forth between the two, I grabbed the hilt and held it straight out in front of me. After switching it on and a beautiful blue blade was revealed, I pointed it towards the bolder on the edge of the cliff turning it slowly but surely, being as careful as possible.
I then took the lightsaber in both my hands moving it swiftly from one side of the bolder to the other.
Spinning the saber in my hands, I smirked.
I became very comfortable with the lightsaber and started to spin it around myself and the bolder.

I can used to this.
I thought.
But I lost control of the lightsaber and it sliced through the bolder like it was air, sending half of it to roll down the cliff.
I felt that familiar connection.

"What do you want?" I asked firmly as I turned around but I didn't see who I was expecting.
A tall beautiful woman, dressed elegantly in all black, her hair curly and dark, and skin a little lighter than Finn's.

She looked just as confused as I felt.

"Who are you?" I asked quickly.

"I would like to know the same about you." The woman replied.
I sighed.
"I'll tell you after you tell me..." I said turning off my lightsaber and throwing it next to my bag.

"I am Empress Nova of The Obscurest Empire." She declared. "And who might you be?"

"I'm Rey..." I said.

"Do you not have a family name?" The Empress inquired.

I shook my head.

"Wait, so, you're the one Kylo Ren is against?" I asked recalling some things Kylo told me.

"Yes. I've been an e-enemy of his for a very long time..." She answered turning her head away from me. I noticed how she stuttered. Is Empress Nova unsure about her rivalry with The First Order?
Well anyway, it's not my problem. Or maybe it is? Considering that I'm with the Resistance now...

"Wait..." Empress Nova said squinting her eyes and taking a step closer. "You're that Scavenger girl from Jakku... the one everyone was looking for...."

I stepped back.
"I am..." I replied becoming suspicious.
She chuckled evilly. "You know you caused a lot of trouble for both Ren and I?" 
I didn't answer. I sensed the darkness around her......
It was overwhelming.

"You're a Sith!" I yelled pulling the lightsaber to me with the force and igniting it.

"That I am, sweetheart." The Empress said sweetly. "But there doesn't need to be any conflict, Rey." She added smoothly, raising her hand. "Even though I'm a Sith doesn't mean that I can't be non-hostile."
I kept my saber up, I didn't trust her. It could be a trap.

"So, Empress, why are you here?" I asked uncertainly. Nova chuckled, her green eyes sparkling with mischief.
"I just wanted to talk, like civilized people." she said. "But that's not the entire reason WHY you are here." I pointed out.
"Alright, you've caught me in a tight spot." Nova said holding her hands up in surender.
"I just want to know where Luke Skywalker is...."
She stretched out her hand and used the force to enter my thoughts.
I tried to resist like I did with Kylo but........ it was no use. Nova had more power than him. More control.