Chapter 1 - Start of a New School Year

Alexa's POV

The school building looked like a big prison for me. The white school building has 5 floors, with an outdoor pool. It also has a wide soccer field and a basketball court.

I can't help but sigh. I don't like school. Everything about it makes me feel bored.

I mean, who doesn't think that school's boring?😑

I tightened my grip on my black bag before entering the main hall.

It looks the same. The lockers have been repainted with a good shade of blue and the floors are much cleaner than usual. That's a good improvement.

As I climbed the stairs, I feel like I am wearing a prison outfit.

I shook my head to erase the pilling thoughts filling my mind.

I continued climbing the stairs until I reached the 3rd Floor and headed straight to my classroom.

It still looks the same. I examined the desks and chairs. All of them had been repainted and repaired.

I looked for my usual sitting spot which is on the back. I always pick the one near the window side so that I can have a look at the garden view.

Looking eagerly at the school garden reminds me of a special memory I had here at school. A memory that I will never forget.

- Flashback-

"Alexa!"

A familiar voice called me.

I turned around and smiled. A guy was running in my direction and stopped in front of me. He flashed a wide smile that made me beam with happiness.

He looks so handsome I almost drooled at my clothes! 🤤

*Me sewing my mouth shut to prevent my drool to escape.*

"Can you meet me at the school garden after class?", Brandon asked. He has golden-brown hair that is neatly trimmed into a perfect hairstyle that shines due to the sunlight, his eyes reflecting my image. Today, he is wearing a cool blue shirt that complements his denim pants.

I chuckled.

" Hey! What's so funny?", he muttered.

I looked at him and smiled. I stood on my toes and touched his soft hair.

"We meet every single day. Why are you so nervous this time?", I blurted out while looking at him weirdly.

His facial expression suddenly changed from childish to somewhat serious.

Brandon grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him. He looked straight into my eyes with seriousness. I felt a lump in my throat. It became hard to breathe. This sudden move always made me stiff like a statue.

"Just... be there... Okay?", He sounded so sincere.

I pouted.

"Well, if you say so. But this better be important okay?" I swept my foot on the floor shyly.

"Why do you keep on doing that?" Brandon glanced at me, curious.

"Oh. This... This is nothing but a reflex," I immediately shifted my foot back. Gosh! He noticed it!😏

" Then it's set! See ya later in the garden!"

-End of Flashback-

I smiled. I still recalled that moment vividly. That is the day Brandon confessed his love to me. I still remember how happy I felt and how I said yes.