Chapter 5 - New Job for Christian

Christian's POV

I stepped inside my room after having a long conversation with my mother.

I can still remember the tone of her voice as she asked me why I kept a secret from her.

I didn't mean to hide secrets from her, but I know that she will get worried and will try to stop me if she knows.

I'm too tired...

Need to sleep...

I walked to my chair and sat at it, face buried in his palm.

The next thing I know, I was sleeping at my desk.

-----+++-----

I stood still, my expression shocked seeing Alexa at my working place.

It's afternoon right now and I am about to go eat lunch.

What is she doing here?! How did she knows I'm here?

She wore a long black leather jacket with a gray scarf around her neck, a denim pants while standing straight.

I walked in her direction.

She smirked, looking at my astonishing look.

"What are you doing here?" I took two long strides towards her, grabbed her wrist, and pulled her away from the workshop.

Alexa pushed my hand away, but I held on to it tightly.

"Let go of me! I'll talk!"

Alexa struggled until both of us are at the exit.

I turned around, facing Alexa, and dropped her wrist.

I can't just let her visit me every time. People might get the wrong idea.

I looked at Alexa, waiting for an explanation.

" I'm here to make sure you are studying for the exam. As your tutor, it is my responsibility to keep an eye on you."

Alexa folded her arms with confidence.

I can't help but laugh.

"We can study later. But first, I should go to work. I couldn't let you in." I replied.

Alexa just rolled her eyes.

"Would you stop doing that?"

It's bugging me... The rolling thing her eyes did is like she's telling me that I'm stupid.

"Doing what? Hey! Stop changing the subject!"

Alexa glared at me, tightening her hold.

"I'm not changing the subject! Look, If I don't work today, they'll fire me! And it will all be your fault." I emphasized.

Rich people don't understand.

"You won't work there anymore. I told them to fire you." Alexa said, confidently.

My mouth fell open and I can feel the tension rising.

I grabbed her shoulders, shaking her.

If she is a man, I wouldn't hesitate to punch her. I'm too angry!

"Why would you do that?!" I said, angrily.

Alexa quickly pushed me away.

"Stop it! Would you please calm down!"

She straightened up her wrinkled clothes and patted them neatly.

"You won't be working there anymore because I found you a better job," Alexa said, trying to calm me.