Chapter 22

Alexa's POV

Miss Claire... I'm sorry...

I wanted to tell her... So badly... But I can't. It feels like the words are stuck in my throat. I can't get it out.

I picked up the fallen picture and placed it properly in the trash bin. It just kept on overflowing. Of course, I threw lots of pictures. I sighed and tied up the trash bag properly so that I will be able to place it outside for the garbage truck to pick it up.

The blazing heat of the sun is uncomfortable. Maybe it is because I don't go out for a few days. After placing it outside, I headed towards my front door.

"Alexa, wait.", a hand grabbed my wrist. I turned to look at the person and I can feel my body turning numb from shock.

Zandra...

" Alexa, let us talk. Please... I have lots of things to tell and explain to you. Hear me out."

Of all the people... Why her?

I took her hand and removed it from my wrist. Looking at her angrily, I quickly rushed and locked my front door. Tears welled up and I can hear my sobs. I don't want her here. She knows fully how much she had hurt me.

I stayed at the door and wrapped my arms around my knees, waiting for her to leave. She still stays there, begging me to open the door.

Her voice is turning weak as she continued to call for me. "Alexa... I'm sorry. I am..."

I continued to cry. I didn't know that night came until I heard Christian's voice.

"Alexa."

I stood up and wiped away my tears. "I'm coming.", I said calmly. Opening the door, I saw him standing there holding a plastic bag filled with food.

Smiling at me, he told me that he stopped by the convenience store to buy some food. " I also bought some cup noodles. You like seafood, right?"

"Christian. You're here.", I suddenly felt calm. I looked behind him to check if Zandra is still here but thank goodness she went away.

Christian just stared at me, looking at my puffy face. His happy expression turned into a worried one. " Did you cry again?", he asked worriedly. He held my face with his hands, looking at me more closely.

I looked away. "It's nothing.", I lied.

" You're lying."

"Since when did I become transparent to you?", I honestly asked.

He just laughed huskily and stroked my head.

" I will go and boil some hot water and prepare our noodles. While I'm doing that, what do you want to do? Watch a movie or read books? It's your choice."

My chest tightened when he continued to stroke my head, touching my soft black hair. I bit my lip and nodded.

Whenever I am with Christian, all of my pain will be gone and all that is left is happiness. Why am I feeling this way?

I sat down on the couch and prepared the movie that we would be watching. He handed me my share. I looked at it and took a sip of soup. I quickly retreated from the cup, my lips burned.