Chapter 8 - Elena's Revenge

Christian's POV

"Alexa, what do you think of me right now? Do you see me as a jerk? For you, what kind of person am I?"

Alexa was sleeping deeply as I speak.

"If you are awake, you will be calling me a weak person. So it's better this way. "

I leaned close to her. Her hand held the pillow gently.

I reached to hold her hand. The soft feeling and warmth of her hand make my mind go crazy.

"My father died because of my ignorance while your parents died in a plane crash. We both lost someone. The more reason for us to learn together and support each other. "

I eavesdropped on their conversation unintentionally that's why I know her past.

"What am I saying? I may be nothing to you, but if you only know."

"Alexa. I think I'm in love with you. It's crazy, right? But I am not crazy in love. As time passes by, my feelings for you will fade. These feelings will just be a memory to me and I can look into your eyes without any hard feelings."

I brushed her hair to the side to have a closer look at her and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

" Sleep well. ", I said huskily before leaving her.

I sat down on the sofa and gazed at the hand that held hers. With my heart beating like crazy, I slept soundly that day.

-----+++-----

*Narattor*

Alexa sat at the bench near the garden. She doesn't mind sitting there at that time, listening to some music. She started humming the tune to her favorite song when Elena yanked her earphones off.

"What do you want?", Alexa asked, not in the mood to fight with her. Elena sneered. " Well, tomorrow is my birthday and I expect all of my DEAR classmates to attend." Elena handed her an invite.

The invite was wrapped properly, sprinkled with pink glitters and ribbons. Looks like a unicorn barfed up here. Alexa tried not to say that out loud or say anything that will offend her.

"You want me to attend your birthday party? Aren't you afraid that I'll ruin it?", Alexa said confidently. She doesn't want to attend her party.

" Of course! This might be our last time gathering together and I don't want you to be left out.", Elena said happily.

You must attend my birthday party. I got a big surprise for you. I will make sure that you are going to be exposed. Elena smiled contently. She can't wait to execute her plan.

Alexa knows that Elena prepared something bad for her. She laughed quietly at her thoughts. Alexa looked at Elena and smiled.

"Well, let's see about that.", Alexa accepted the invitation and left her standing on the bench.

-----+++-----

" Felicity! I did it!" Felicity turned around and almost fell on the hard ground due to the impact Elena gave as she jumped at Felicity, ready to give her a big hug.

"Really?!", Felicity said, as she squealed with excitement. Both of them jumped up and down.

" Are you sure she will come?", Felicity asked. Elena stayed up all night just to make a plan.