Chapter 34

Christian's POV

I hate what is happening to me right now. I wanted to stop acting to be Chezka's boyfriend but I can't let my uneasy feeling be the reason for someone's harm.

Curse that stalker. He doesn't even have great taste when it comes to girls.

Don't get me wrong. Chezka is a wonderful girl and a friend that anyone would ever dream of having. She is honest and her somewhat clumsy actions are making her cute, but that doesn't mean that we can be at the boyfriend and girlfriend relationship for real.

On the contrary, Alexa is like a Goddess. She must have cast a spell on me that made me always think of her. It drives me crazy, but I don't mind.

If only the stalker has an interest in Alexa, I will be willing to act as her boyfriend just to know how things will go when we are in a relationship.

Left alone again at school, I pondered about the things Alexa told Elena about me, about us.

Does she mean those things?

She can be honest, you know. Something tells me that she is hiding something from me. I don't know. I'm not some kind of detective who solved cases gracefully and without much effort.

But what if she is telling the truth?

I sighed. I can't let these hypotheses ruin my day. I still have a lot of things to do.

Gathering all my things at my desk and preparing to leave, a strange encounter occurred.

Elena popped out of nowhere and I was super shocked I almost jumped at the window.

"Elena," I made my voice sound normal, not showing the idea that I was alarmed at her immediate appearance. "What brings you here?"

"How are you doing?", she calmly asked.

I'm weirded by her question and I can't seem to know why.

Smiling a bit weirdly, I replied gently. " Fine, I guess. You?"

"I'm fine too."

Awkward...

"Christian, can you promise to tell me the truth without covering anything from me?"

She raised her hand, making me swore.

"What's this all about? What do you want to know?"

Her hand was still raised and she just gave a whispered groan.

"Christian, don't worry. This will be for the good of all of us. I promise to tell you the truth without any lies. You promise the same thing. In that way, we can both understand the situation happening and how we can fix it."

"When you say situation, does that mean-"

"Yes Christian. The situation about you, Chezka, and Alexa."

I looked down on the floor.

Do we really need to do this?