Chapter 3 - Mixed of Events

Christian's POV

"I'm home!" I said as I removed my shoes and placed them neatly in the shoe rack.

"Christian!", my mom called.

Her black hair was tied neatly and her eyes glimmered knowing that I had returned home. She rushed towards the front door to greet me.

I kissed my mother on the cheek before entering the main room.

"How's school?", my mother asked me as she wiped her hands at her apron.

" Not so good." I'm pretty exhausted.😑

"Why? Is someone bugging you?", my mother said, a bit worried.

I sat on the couch and turned on the TV. My mother frowned.

" Give me that!", mom said.

My mother snatched the remote but I quickly dodged from her quick attack and stood up from the couch.

"Mom! I just got home. Can we just talk about school later?", I begged.

I need a distraction.

My mother raised an eyebrow and held her hand out, asking me to give her the remote.

I groaned. Really?

I gave my mother the remote and sat on the couch lazily. My mother turned off the TV and sat beside me, waiting for me to talk.

She knows if I have a problem.

"There's this girl who showed me around the school. I thought that she wants to be my friend so I sat beside her. I don't get her mom!"

My mother eyed me, curiously.

"She is always irritated at my presence and so bossy. I just don't get her at all. Are girls always complicated?".

My mother smiled at me. "Have you done anything to annoy her?", she asked.

I paused and tried to recall all the things that had happened.

I remembered the part where I sat beside her, which made her get mad at me.

"I guess I pissed her off." My voice turned calm. Now I know why.

His mother sighed.

"Just try to understand her, ok? Remember that the school gave you a scholarship. We can't afford to pay your tuition fee this year."

I nodded.

Ever since my father died, my mother worked as an online teacher to earn money enough to buy and sustain our daily needs. The scholarship is my only chance to graduate from school and get a job.

My mother smiled- a weak smile- and patted my back lightly.

She always does that to comfort me, which works very well for me.

"You can get through this school year. I know you could.", my mother said as she returned the remote to me.

I took it willingly and turned on the TV.

It was already 9 in the evening, but no matter how hard I try, I can't fall asleep.

How should I apologize to her? I didn't even know her name.

I took a deep breath and stared at the ceiling for a long time.

"Hey! Sorry for what happened yesterday. No! that's too casual!"

I stood up at his bed and yanked my fallen pillow. I placed them neatly on the bed and patted it so that the ends of it would be even.

I laid back down on the bed and closed my eyes shut.